International 1st Gen Jbodies - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
International 1st Gen Jbodies
Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:12 AM
Since the 1st gen J was a real worldwide car platform thought it'd be neat to show what other parts of the world got Jbody wise
UK Vauxhall Cavalier Mark II:

UK got a 4 door hatchback, wonder how well one of those would've sold here as a Skyhawk or J2000/sunbird

They came with Gas & Diesel engines ranging from 1.3L to 2.0L. 807,624 were sold between 1981-88

Germany/Europe & South AfricaOpel Ascona C:

Gas & Diesel engines ranging from 1.3L - 2.0L. Here's a site devoted to the Jbody Ascona
Intersting fact: The Ascona B 400, which the fwd Jbody platformed Ascona C replaced, was the last RWD rally race car to win the drivers championship.

Australia Holden Camira JB,JD,JE

New Zealand Specific Camira JJ

Due to poor Camira JB sales GM imported the Isuzu Aska sedan to New Zealand under the name Camira however the wagon version from Holden was still sold in New Zealand.
Engines ranged from 1.6L - 2.0L

Japan Isuzu Aska

In Southeast Asia it was known as JJ, in Chile & Ecuador as The Chevrolet Aska
Production total 108,512 for all markets between 1983-89
Engines ranged from 1.8-2.0L. German tuned turbo models have a cult following in Japan.

Brazil, Colombia & other various Latin America countries Chevrolet Monza
Basically an Opel Ascona C

Here's an odd duck. Daewoo Espero
Based on the Jbody platform with a body designed by Bertone

Engines ranged from 1.5L-2.0L.

Be sure to click on the links to read more about these cars Also Google image searches bring up more info & pics.
Hugo's Jbody Press photos and Adverts

Re: International 1st Gen Jbodies
Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:22 AM
Thank You, Thank You , Spike!!

S U P E R Post!! Excellent presentation & What a Treat for us here on J-Body

So much really good information has been floating around on here lately, and this is so wonderful!! A chance to see across borders and Continents and languages too. Pretty amazing to think all over the world, people are tinkering , repairing & restoring their own versions of J-Bodies.... along with their own quirks too...LoL, I'm sure. I'll be checking out your links, and doing some web searching myself when we are stuck inside on these nasty winter evenings - so interesting!!

..guess we all got one of these -
Thanks again!! S U P E R C O O L

Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:27 AM
Neat Info...

Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:29 AM

Thanks for the info,OPEL it is a cavalier trade mark.....
Pierre
Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:58 PM
Now I actually saw a OPEL today OMEGA with the license plate (delegate) and some wierd stuff on it.I was in VA on I 95 and I thought wt--- .Guess the guy had his car shipped here and have no idea where the guy was really from.But car was kinda current looking and TO clarify it was a opel omega so it makes sense.Opel to me is buick being my parents had a 69 I think opel kadet wagon!!! four speed vinyl interior little engine maybe 1.6/1.8 idk I was a kid and we kept it up into the early 80s got it in the late 70s.Neat car but,cold in winter until warmed up all that metally feel inside.Tired as dirt long day,and just chilling out with a cold one before bed.I know opels were sold at buick dealers I think back in the day,my granddad had two or three coupes he doodled with .

Sunday, January 08, 2012 11:37 PM
WOW great thread thank you!!

2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER VL BASE SEDAN.

Monday, January 09, 2012 5:56 PM
OPEL KADETT E 1988 JUBILEE E18NV engine run

Found this on YouTube - believe it to be 1988 Opel Kadet E 1.8 engine -looks kida familiar to our Brazil 1.8 OHC !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkU4DeVM1dw

..and one of a dummy running a Kadet E 1.6 w/o cam cover on, but it also looks like our 1.8 OHC !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vTkYqWH4yo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search