Lets put togther a list... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lets put togther a list...
Monday, January 16, 2012 7:35 AM
Ok, so we are all looking for parts. I was thinking about this and my suggestion is we put together one list that we can print off and take to the yards with us and we can help each other out. I can start it, and you guys cut and paste it and add your needs on it.

For starters:
# User State MY Part Color
1 Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Pontiac Console with armrest Grey
2 Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Turbo Sunbird Hood Insulator
3 Paul94Z28 MI 1984 Convertible Rear Window molding(1/4 panel), passenger and driver side Black/Chrome

Re: Lets put togther a list...
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:05 PM
Sounds like a good Idea. Although for me price is always a consideration.

1. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Pontiac Console with armrest Grey
2. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Turbo Sunbird Hood Insulator
3. Paul94Z28 MI 1984 Convertible Rear Window molding(1/4 panel), passenger and driver side Black/Chrome
4. 84conv MA 1984 Convertible front seats with headrest DARK BLUE velour/cloth
5. 84conv MA Convertible doors any color prefer 1st gen w/No rust (for the brown car)
6. 84conv MA Any complete Cimarron (83-85) with dark brown interior interior (Going to do the brown Cav into Cim Convertible)
7. 84conv MA 1984 Dark blue convertible front seatbelts

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:59 PM
I am thinking there has to be more parts needed than this...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:46 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:I am thinking there has to be more parts needed than this...

Some of us need to pick up our 1st gens first! Though maybe the guys are busy??

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:21 PM
Umm Idk right off of things I have not found I needed and OR wanted I picked up already.I personally have been looking for the rubber lip on the front below the Z packaged cars black and yet to see one on any junker.I guess it would fit my type 10 just most of the Z models have not had that option,and checked the front end to see if it was ripped out and most were just the normal front minus this special dealer option I guess.My take

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:39 AM
John-

That Cimmaron I was picking for Orlen has a grey interior. It has the "plush" fabric lined glove box insert if you are interested. It also has the console with the arm rest and cubbies. I am think more and more about that and I should probably go and get it just for the heck of it...

lmk if you want anything in grey, it was complete save the plastic and ip that I pulled for Orlen.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:36 PM
Paul,, The glove box would be good if even for my Blue Cav. If you happen to be there and it is priced right pick it up and let me know the cost. Just don't make a special trip just for me. Thanks, John

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:56 PM
The only thing I really need is the front air baffel there on 84-87 Sunbirds .Keep listing what you need I have a few parts kicking around . I think I have a whole dash cluster for 84 sunbird with gauges.Some other odds and ends I got to drs and saved all parts that where good .
Keith
1. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Pontiac Console with armrest Grey
2. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Turbo Sunbird Hood Insulator
3. Paul94Z28 MI 1984 Convertible Rear Window molding(1/4 panel), passenger and driver side Black/Chrome
4. 84conv MA 1984 Convertible front seats with headrest DARK BLUE velour/cloth
5. 84conv MA Convertible doors any color prefer 1st gen w/No rust (for the brown car)
6. 84conv MA Any complete Cimarron (83-85) with dark brown interior interior (Going to do the brown Cav into Cim Convertible)
7. 84conv MA 1984 Dark blue convertible front seatbelts
8.k923 MA Front Air baffel 84-87 Sunbird

[IMG]
Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:18 PM
Ok John masson here are both left/right doors on a 1984 cavalier.The driver side has some minimal rust spots(not bad and can be fixed easy) door seems strght and pass door stupid NICE no rust I could see,and panel on outside looks pretty good with a quick go over.Now I do not know how much they charge for doors and will have to call to verify a price and maybe we can work something out if your seriously interested.I will have to add some extra cost on the doors for going to get,removal and packing oh my shpg will be umm scary bc these doors are stupid heavy.Who says I cannot find parts that are well pretty freakin good.Paint is faded and missing the rubber but that can be swapped and both have glass,door seals shot window sweeps.I think this is all for now.

Friday, January 20, 2012 5:07 PM
Ron, You are the man! That rust free stuff just does NOT exist up here in New England. Is that a convertible? I know Paul is looking for the rear quarter panel chrome. Let me know how much they are asking. I can have stuff shipped to my work loading dock if you have the ability to ship it that way.

Friday, January 20, 2012 8:58 PM
Yes John this is on a 84 cav vert.I DO have MORE pics of that said chrome stuff around the top.I will have to check on prices for the doors and will give them a call I totally forgot yestday when I got that 2.0 motor for me as a back up with all goodies.I will download more pics shortly of the car.Know I just need to figure out how to remove that trim with out breaking it if paul knows a said way to do so.Updates coming.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:14 PM
Ok after a little moment to upload pics here is that hurting 84 cav convertible with top on,chrome intact and one interior shot,I do have a front inter shot,just left that one off.The top leaks bc of water under the back seat or glass leak idk.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:54 AM
That looks like a perfect specimen to turn into a Cadil-let Cima-lier convertible

Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:48 AM
It has the rumored Type10 vinyl interior or as kids today call it "leather". Looks complete and would probably clean up real good. Just too bad it's in the bone yard. --- To remove the chrome you need to go under the convertible top well fabric and there will be nuts that hold on the chrome pieces from the inside.

I do think those doors are much better than these.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:04 PM
Ron,Could you get a price w/ shipping to 24426 for the grill on that Red Converible?
Could swing a deal with you on that in a couple of weeks, or even later depending on your convience.
I need of a good front bumper cover too, but I'm fearing the size of it gonna be show stopper. I can tell you from experience that the corners that blend into the fenders are held on by stubborn/flimsy metal pieces that have 2 body nuts and tend to break first and ask questions later... :-(
No rush, just askin' :-)

Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:41 PM
Nice find Ron!

I just need the driver side window sweep trim. Mine is breaking off in chunks - looks like this car is right there too. Maybe you could send me these and I could work on making something work

Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:35 PM
Tired as dirt today was a long one.Ok paul so you want the driver side door window sweep?Not the small window behind it right.I can tell you the sweeps on the door are toast,no rubber against the glass at ALL.Now orlen you want the chrome grill and a GOOD rubber front cover.Now any first gen front bumper cover will fit your wagon!I have several choices on covers two z models and one sedan,and I want to say that 85 type 10 I robbed of it's engine and trans.The head panel with hdlghts and fenders are gone on it already.It was black anyway BUT I know what you mean on the metal brackets holding the front cover bc of fender removal on other models.I will be checking on door pricing for John M. monday (phone call).Orlen I will double check that verts bumper cover 1st before yanking it,to make sure it is not screwy.I am stupid tired and will be on here sunday a easier day for me.I know I am forgetting something but so be it tired is kicking me.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:54 AM
Ron-

I DO want the trim from the small window behind, not the door window.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:57 AM
Hay Ron dose that 84 have it's analog cluster still?
Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:56 PM
Ok paul got that on small window.Now chuck yeah it has the normal speedo and fuel gauge and dummy lights between the two big circles. This is it so not a super close up but good enough to get a idea.

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:13 AM
figures base model idiot lights dash. Although that interior has given me an idea of what to do to brighten mine up a bit .

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:31 PM
I may try to go wed and get at least the grill for orlen(should be dirt cheap and not bad to ship).Btw spike I boxed your grill today so it is ready when ever you want me to send.Being orlen wants a grill the weight should be under 2 lbs and shpg to closer distant around 10 with out checking yet.Paul I will grab BOTH quarter window pieces bc if one is going the other prolly will too.Plus these pieces will only be like 2-3 bux each or together stupid cheap.Now orlen the bumper cover is light but,boxing it will be a challenge and I could guess cost it by weighing my rear Z24 bumper cover I have and add for boxing it and see what fedex would charge B4 I grab one first.John Mass I am thinking these doors are going to be a good bet and need to consider some things so this car does not get crushed before I jump on it.Car has only been there two wks so ok on that and can work on shipg.My ideas for now.have to work tues so that is the scoop.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:15 AM
Thanks Ron . I'll paypal you the money sometime early next month, have a big bill due @ the end of next week and we hardly had any snowfall this season up here so I haven't made much extra spending money.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ron!!
Thumbs are up for both the grill and bumper cover at your convenience. W-2 rolled in yesterday, so I'm gonna bite the bullet and get one while there's one to get. Please save any attachments, as I'm not sure if I'm gonna have some break on my old one during removal. You might be able to get a couple of flat screen boxes and do some cut and tape. The Ole Red Green Show is crazy on Duct Tape !! :-) At least bumper cover it isn't going to crush. Sure do appreciate you efforts!! You Da Man!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:54 PM
[IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i338/1987oldschoolmaz/DSC001091.jpg[/IMG]Ok first John masson here are YOUR doors cleaned up and show driver side bottom seal then pass side door panel,then pass side seal and panel.Now orlen I totally forgot the grill to grab DUH,any way there is a pic of those pesky brackets and I have the nuts BUT the cover on this 84 was beat up,so no go on it.I have to check the other 87z bc the two 85s are messed up and need to doodle more.Last pic is HOW CLEAN this yard is!!!!! I am probably going BACK monday weather working and get orlen's grill and Next post is for paul on those seriously pain in the a-- window seals.Dang those vert doors are stupid heavy!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search