Lets put togther a list... - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Lets put togther a list...
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:01 PM
Ok paul here are side window seals both sides so YOU get both dirt cheap.I show front and back pics here so you see the condition and if you want the side glasses or brackets with these I have them literaly out at the yard still in the car for easy quick grab and took me like 30 min to remove due interior brackets,glass BLOCK the screw holding the trim piece into metal.I am stupid tired feeling after hauling doors and blah,blah and unloading and putting up tools and cleaning the vert doors up(which were nasty).Let me know paul what u think and I figue 7.00 for parts just adding in time,fuel and shpd 12.00 fedex ground since ur last item was 12.05 at just a touch over 1 lb.Let me know

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ron!! Yep, those bumper covers are just getting harder to find in decent shape, got the same problem here too. The thought occurred to me if you don't mind, could you pull those headlight trim pieces too while you are in the neighborhood. Figured they are so light it wouldn't really hurt the shipping along with the grill. You must be getting pretty fast at pulling those doors by now!! Do you knock out the pins or remove the bolts? I am sure glad all these parts aren't gonna be crushed and sent to China....man...isn't that thought a real bummer.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:21 PM
WOW....... Those doors look NICE. Thanks Ron!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:52 PM
Your welcome J.M and orlen to remove the doors it is a process so here we go.1st remove inner fender plastic,2nd remove the fender bolts top side and also remove wiper arms and cowl(yes cowl has to come off for fender to be removed.3rd remove flap going towards door hinges two screws4th remove approx 6 nuts holding fender inside towards bumper,head light housing and obviously the support rod bottom in front of tire.Disconnect radio attenna (I cheat cut it) but have one or two anyway.Now the fender has 1 bolt at the bottom at the door at the trim plate then pull fender out.Now to pop out hinge pins I use a 1/4 in 6 in exten with a small size socket to fit OVER the end of the pointed end on hinge(and LUBE with liquid wrench before like before fender stuff to let soak) and whack with hammer.Once the pins moves down into the center of the bracket use vise grips in the center to force it out (use hammer on vise grips tapping it to get out of opposing hole until done.U may have to remove the vise grips lower below bracket for final removal.This applies to both brackets bc the pins are installed reversed on point facing UP or DOWN.It takes me about a hour or so to do 1 door just depends how pleasant or irritating the pin is.I FORGOT before forcing pin out it has a small lock ring that pops off around the pin to keep it locked in place two small flat head screw drivers work then start whacking the b!@#$ out.I realized I forgot this small stupid thin lock and they are easy to yank.I hope this book with some minor stuff out of place step wise,but yeah doors are not bad,just timely if done right.Removing the fenders is easier minus buying a special tool to use in door open and limited space trust me.But junkyarding rules do not apply so if something gets bumped so be it.Orlen I will get the hdlight bezels too.Monday weather permitting and see what I can get otherwise.

Friday, January 27, 2012 4:09 AM
Ron - sent you a PM

Friday, January 27, 2012 6:43 PM
OMG Ron!! I'm just beginning to truly appreciate all the work you put into this!! I can understand that about the pins. I used to pull some Chevette doors many years ago. Trying to get them off opened....one bad whack from a hammer =BAD dent and hurt feelings!! You've got me wondering how to remove those bolts. Only one of them is on the inside up high-just wondering of there might be access with the fuse block pulled down...

Friday, January 27, 2012 8:47 PM
As for the door hinges the driver side hinge is high up and can't recall on that 87 Z I got both upper and lower hinges on it both sides.Now the passenger side was easier for upper bc glove box comes out allowing access but the driver side was tough and broke some stuff but it was a junkyard car so it did not matter.I want to say if the fuse box is moved out and down it may be accessable to remove the 1 bolt on the inside to drop the hinge out.Personally I would go fender removal bfore going in and removing the brackets all together.I know the lower brackets are easier from the inside with the 1 bolt going out towards the door bc stuff can be removed with a little time and not break stuff.The uppers are the pain from inside due to 1 bolt each side.Hope this makes sense just running out of go power after 520 miles of driving good day just a touch tired.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:22 PM
Ok........ Found some interesting stuff. It is a long story..... It is late and will just post the link to some pics I took. The first pic is taken on 1-26 and the second was taken 2 days later (after 1 day of rain) when I went back for the console and arm rest out of the white Cimarron.

Keep in mind the interior pics of this car were taken standing on the hood of the black 2nd gen.

https://picasaweb.google.com/84conv/12612AtJacksJunkYardBillericaMA#

Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:19 PM
John how did you like the yard ? Where you able to get the console from the cimaron . The walk own to where the J bodys are is fun it looks like the water level has gone down qite a bit since my last trip there the blue 86 is the one that I was talking about that was up in the air but unable to get to
I am gonna try and get over there before to long to grab the air baffel it is not great but much better than the one I have now .
Keith

[IMG]
Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:35 PM
Keith, I was thinking of you when I saw the bird up in the air. I hope you saw the link with the detailed pics of the air dam. I went over there last Thursday just to look around and you could walk anywhere you wanted to. When I went back Saturday the entire back lot was flooded. I was not able to reach the white Cimarron and get the console, but I was able to get a Chocolate brown armrest. And of course it was $25 for the whole console and when I showed up with just the armrest it was still $25. The doors on that were pretty good (not as good as the ones Ron has though). When they get the Sunbird down I am going to grab the window trim. I used to go to Jacks when I was in high School back in the late 70's, today it's only larger. Paul, there is also a console and armrest in that Sunbird that I did not notice until I looked at the picture . I will check them out when the car hits the ground, but they have been exposed to the elements and might be toast.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:41 PM
John-

Thanks for looking. I just got an estimate of $175 to fix my arm rest the right way - ugh. A little more than I had in mind. That tan one is in NICE shape. I really need the grey one. I could also use the pontiac console trim plates. I have the cadillac ones that don't match my Pontiac. LMK what they look like.

Thanks!

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:42 PM
That place looks like a j-body version of Dante's Inferno...

Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:24 PM
Oh that sucks paul, wish it was cheaper for ya. You ever think about maybe reupholstering it yourself? If you haven't yet try a local furniture maker, they might have somebody on staff that could do that for cheaper.

and yeah that does look like Dante's inferno for Jbodies, if a junkyard looked like that here they would get shut down in a heartbeat.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:27 PM
Ok Will do Paul... I will try to get back over there this week if it stays dry. I'm going to have to have them take the car down from it's perch. I wouldn't get under it to remove the air dam so I'll have them put the front end up on something if Keith hasn't gotten the air dam. Is it the trim piece that goes around the shifter? Or could you post pics of the caddy ones that don't match. There is also a real small junkyard right here in my town. I'll stop by there and see what he has. This guy is just like Darnell the junkyard owner in the movie Christine and he drives more people away with his attitude.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:55 PM
I could not resist showing MY yard I go to and johns yard and oh my.I really hate seeing such good stuff sitting in a crud bucket like that!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR Where is the love for some old retired J bodies.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:05 PM
I agree! I talked to the yard supervisor and he said he has not had a Cimarron come in in 3 years and they have two of them. So I guess they are in a demented way preserving the J bodies and allot of other old iron. This is a pretty high volume yard, but hey have the room to keep some old stuff. The area this place covers used to be 3 yards back in the early eighties. If I look through the woods I can see one of the other yards this guy purchased and I'll bet there are some junk muscle cars that he is the keeper of. The last time I was there (about 10 years ago) there were only a few scattered 1st and 2nd gens.

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:54 PM
Yeah Ron but can you swim at your yard ? I actually swam in the Muck John is showing. And yes it smells worst than it looks.
Keith

[IMG]
Monday, January 30, 2012 5:29 PM
oh ya...

Never swam but ankle deep is enough...

My Yard (Parts Galore) looks like Ron's but without the nice older J and N-bodys...

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:41 PM
John in this PIC are some seriously GREAT window sweeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I would so get those bc I saw NO broken rubber.Now to remove this take the mirror off 1st one phillips screw and should have two 10mm nuts holding it,Next on the outside of the door behind the mirror that is now removed is 1 screw phillips head remove.2nd back at the end or rather door lock or end of window sweep there is ONE screw phillips on the INSIDE of the felt with the window down you should be able to see it or push rubber up and remove.Then pry evenly up to alloy the clips holding the window sweep to the door to come off.Just a tip if the screws are tough to loosen I put a set of vise grips on the handle of my phillips head for turning force if they won't budge but they normally break free and lubing with liquid wrench or bp blaster and even old wd40(not my choice) help.Window sweeps are a rare commodity and to see those looking pretty freakin cherry oh my,unless the photo is hiding something I do not SEE.Get both sides too those are good parts

Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:49 AM
# User State MY Part Color
1. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Pontiac Console with armrest Grey
2. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Turbo Sunbird Hood Insulator
3. Paul94Z28 MI 1984 Convertible Rear Window molding(1/4 panel), passenger and driver side Black/Chrome
4. 84conv MA 1984 Convertible front seats with headrest DARK BLUE velour/cloth
5. 84conv MA Convertible doors any color prefer 1st gen w/No rust (for the brown car)
6. 84conv MA Any complete Cimarron (83-85) with dark brown interior interior (Going to do the brown Cav into Cim Convertible)
7. 84conv MA 1984 Dark blue convertible front seatbelts
8. k923 MA Front Air baffel 84-87 Sunbird
9. Michael E PA Rear sway bar with all brackets & bolts
10. Michael E PA 1st gen Z-24 chin spoiler (yeah, I know I'm reaching for the sky on that one !)
11. Michael E PA '92 to '94 front spindles w/backing plates and calipers optional
12. Michael E PA Wagon roof rack (complete with mounting pieces) No chrome as I plan to powdercoat it silver

ALSO: I have in my possession, a >COMPLETELY RUST FREE FROM FLORIDA< (red) drivers side door w/window from a 1991 Cav coupe
I can take pics of it if you want.

~ Mike ~

Saturday, February 04, 2012 10:21 AM
Forgot two items, lol.

# User State MY Part Color
1. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Pontiac Console with armrest Grey
2. Paul94Z28 MI 1986 Turbo Sunbird Hood Insulator
3. Paul94Z28 MI 1984 Convertible Rear Window molding(1/4 panel), passenger and driver side Black/Chrome
4. 84conv MA 1984 Convertible front seats with headrest DARK BLUE velour/cloth
5. 84conv MA Convertible doors any color prefer 1st gen w/No rust (for the brown car)
6. 84conv MA Any complete Cimarron (83-85) with dark brown interior interior (Going to do the brown Cav into Cim Convertible)
7. 84conv MA 1984 Dark blue convertible front seatbelts
8. k923 MA Front Air baffel 84-87 Sunbird
9. Michael E PA - Rear sway bar with all brackets & bolts
10. Michael E PA - 1st gen Z-24 chin spoiler (yeah, I know I'm reaching for the sky on that one !)
11. Michael E PA - '92 to '94 front spindles w/backing plates and calipers optional
12. Michael E PA - Wagon roof rack (complete with mounting pieces) No chrome as I plan to powdercoat it silver
13. Michael E PA - Factory strut tower brace '89 to '94 FE3 suspension equipped J bodies
14. Michael E PA - Factory sub frame brace '89 to '94 FE3 suspension equipped J bodies

~ Mike ~

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:11 PM
if anyone is looking for 1987 Caviler 4 door parts the junkyard here just got one it but it wont be there long. i'm going back Sat. if anyone needs something...
btw- the rear floor mats are mint shape front are there too, they might come clean. real factory gm gray mats
Pictures are here: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/ShadowFox-7/junkyard/

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:18 PM
John Masson UPDATE on your doors.Finally got to doodling with them today! Removed door panels CLEANED the insides out and tracks for window motor parts,and greased nicely and since I butt connected ALL of the wires for the electrical wires got the windows WORKING up and down with ease.I got both sides equally clean and driver side seems a touch slower than pass side but works great and NO noise.I pretty much trashed the paper type liners inside the door stinky,junk and cut up some clean paper bags and lined for temp use.As stated the inside of the doors are super clean NO trash leaves,dirt etc and I have ONE door almost ready to try in a box (need more bubble wrap) to get it super puffy for protecting it.I used some kinda foam pieces from the body shop and placed on the ends and bottom to protect it from being wacked and yes I removed the mirrors.I am going to cut down the boxes some to reduce size and hope to have this 1 done thurs.SO I can weigh it to see where ship cost could go.Just a update and NO junkyarding thurs it is going to rain(dang) but next wk is open for me so maybe I can go check things for orlens parts and misc items.I will post a pic of door packed before boxing and boxed so you can see it getting closer to leaving my garage.I spent several hours doing this glad to make some progress knowing windows work,clean inside door skins and all the broken window sweeps laying inside of it imagine that.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:24 AM
Mark if no one else claims them Id go for all four flour mats if at a reasonable price .let me know I think there saveable from the pics
K923

[IMG]
Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:37 PM
i can get the set for 8$ plus whatever it costs to ship. if your seriously interested ill get them on sat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search