pics - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pics
Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:33 AM
well there is a bit of a fleet, some are nice and running, some are nice but dead lol.

my 82 and 83 cimarrons. the 83 is now in your local 7/11cooler...
the 82 has 116,000 kms on it, runs great but needs some minor body work to become showroom again.

the 83, i stripped everything possible off of it. and sent its empty carcass for scrap.

my 82 J2000. all the electronics died on me driving it home one day. i have narrowed it down to the ignition coil. located somewhere between the intake manifold and the transmission. i have the motor from the 83 siting out of the car and still cannot find it...

some of the rest of the fleet, blue 02 is my daily driver, truck costs too much right now.

and for fun

i have more up to date pics, (spring thaw) but they are not on my computer yet, if i remember i'll get them on this weekend.

ok i know the pics didn't post. i'll take some suggestions for help but i have to go to work now. later.

Re: pics
Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:35 AM

just a quick attempt...
Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:35 AM
aaaahhhhrrrrg
Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:16 PM
Just wondering where the pics are as well.As for the coil is depends a touch on engine.Like on my 85 ohv 2.0 coil is UNDER the distributor and pretty tight fit.There is a post on here from orlen talking about the ICM ignition control module and he shows PICS of his ohv versus ohc locations of coil!!! DING,DING easy reference.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:56 PM
i know where it is, i just can't get to it or see it... as for the pics, i dunno why they are not showing up.
Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:01 PM
try the link?

clicky
Friday, April 06, 2012 8:23 AM
The link doesn't work - at least for me it doesn't...

~ Mike ~

Friday, April 06, 2012 11:11 AM
i dunno, any suggestions on what service i should use for displaying pics?
Friday, April 06, 2012 2:48 PM
sure your pics are set to public and not private?

Friday, April 06, 2012 3:04 PM
pics are set to public...

Friday, April 06, 2012 4:26 PM
1) Find and open the picture on photobucket you want in your message. Right click on it, highlight "copy image location".
2) Open another tab in your web browser, go to j-body.org , go to first gen forum, click "new topic.
3) Click picture icon, or type Ctrl+p, when url box opens up, paste the right clicked image location you copied in step one.

Go to previw button at the bottom right hand side of the message box to make sure your picture is there.
VIOLA !
You have posted a pic like this :

(my motorcycle, by the way..)

Hope this helps.

~ Mike ~

Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:50 AM
Hi Aaron!! Welcome to the forum!! :-)

Please check and see if your privacy settings are set to "Public". It is possible you might have the problem there.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 5:29 PM
hi, that is actually exactly what i had done. Orlen, contrary to how it looks, this is not the first time i have been on this forum or posted pics... i just dunno why its not working, i have done everything as it should be...
Saturday, April 07, 2012 5:58 PM
Change you album name. I've seen some forums that have issues with special characters in file names.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:18 PM
Is this it?

Monday, April 09, 2012 6:46 AM
yes, thats the 82 and what was the 83...
Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:20 AM
ok, this is my last attempt...

the 82 J2000 with 73,XXXkms

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:34 AM
ok so that works... sorry its taken so many attempts...

the 82 cimarron with its 118,XXX kms

gotten my mitts onto an 86 sunbird gt with 43,XXXkms on it. owner wants it for parts for his 87 sunbird gt convertible. I'll be buying it off him, (likely both) the 86 to rebuild this...

other things i have lying around

i have two 02 4-door cavaliers. my blue one has my winter rims on it right now. VV

my $70 wagon

got some unique parts off thins in some guys field. (asked and received permission)

i guess i will have to update my cardomain to post up the newer pics. hope you like them
Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:53 AM
wow, where did you get that 1st gen body kit???
Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:10 AM
its the diza hurricane kit built for the 2nd gen. i put the 2nd gen front end on my in an afternoon. only mod was the hood hinge pins.

ok, updated pics... the 02's

ya ya got a lil artsy...

my 01 GMC Z71, the 02 black cav, the 82 simmer, and the 02 blue cav

my parts collection

still have more up to date pics. like spring of this year. the one with the four in a row was from last fall.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:16 AM
at my parents place i had a 90 4-door with the front end pulled of (stripping for parts) sitting beside a 86 cavalier with the front end stripped off (for parts) and saw that they both bolted up the same way. yes the 90 has a lil piece that is spot welded to the frame to support one more mounting bolt for the fender. so anyways. i needed to put a new front on my cav anyways so i used a 90 on my 87.

The way the paint faded the exact same on the 87 and 90 was uncanny.

and yes. that is in fact the same car... no i'm not happy about it but das life.
Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:20 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got some parts there. And a few cars too. The S10 looks cool and it is a convertible!

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:39 PM

cool a faux wood dash in a Jbody, never seen that before. Awesome parts & car collection

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:49 PM
Kabamb you seem to be running a parts yard?And I thought I had well lets say quiet a few parts.Now just get it all organized all pretty and stored in containers.Those were some neato pics seriously.That gold color is def way different bc I uh never see it on the junkers I get parts from since last year.Cool stuff

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search