MANY - FOLDS - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MANY - FOLDS
Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:10 AM
been a while since logged in. since i was last on - junked my original 87 gt - rusted out completely - and just like everyone else that has gotten rid of a car I should of saved more parts off it. But since then i have managed to buy a 88 gt turbo and a 90 turbo convertible and strip em both down. I bought a 87 se that was stolen and abandoned. rust free and in great shape. thats going to be my conversion coupe gt turbo w/ manual. everything on the car is being replaced - just spent $435 on more parts. and believe me when i say i have a lot of parts

question for everyone- anybody ever used a daewoo c20GET turbo manifold on their sunbird before?? wondering cause the stock cast one is f@ckin worthless.

Re: MANY - FOLDS
Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:19 PM
For some reason I thought I read the LT3 2.0 Turbo was referred to as the C20GET. I would think it would work. At one point there were several replacement iron manifolds on eBay that would work.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:13 PM
Interesting story of events.I pretty much grab all I can possibly need later at the pull a part yards.My last big bring home was a pretty straight 2.0 ohv engine and 4spd trans with intake,exh,tbi still in place.Engine a touch dirty but,I have a spare just in case.Oh and the ecm which are specific to each cars eng/trans yr u know.Good luck with this project.

Friday, April 27, 2012 4:05 AM
Speaking of ECM's. Got a quick question.

Do you think an ECM out of an '84 Olds Firenza -1.8 OHC/Auto would work in my '84 Pontiac Sunbird - 1.8 OHC/Auto ?
Common Sense would suggest OK, but ya never know.....

Friday, April 27, 2012 10:24 AM
Orlen-

Do you have a part number? We would need to check the ECM and the PROM#s to be sure.

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:40 PM
Unfortunately, I don't. It is still on the car at the salvage yard. Guess I'll have to get it and then see if I got lucky.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search