Parts for 85 Sunbird? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts for 85 Sunbird?
Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:38 PM
Hello, I'm looking for a coolant reservoir for my 85 Sunbird, it's a 1.8 Turbo. Does anyone have one around by chance?
Also I'm still looking for a hood release cable, if that pops up (get it)
Thanks!
James

Re: Parts for 85 Sunbird?
Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:11 PM
I have two or three tanks and these vary a touch on certain engines.I know I have one out of a 83 skyhawk,one from a 85 cav I think and one more.I would have to double check because they have a design difference but I am pretty sure the V6 cars the one that is different these want work.But I am sure maybe one of the extras I have should work on the 4 cyldr for sure.Tired after drvg all day and I might can get you a hood cable just depends when I go junkyarding again.I will let you know.Ron

Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:48 AM
Now Ron - I'd have thought you would have a spare hood or 2 lying about! :-O Just Kidding Ron

I had the "pleasure" of one of those breaking on me once! OMG what a nightmare :-O Lost my religion on that one. You gotta get the hood open to replace cable - need cable to open hood = Catch 22!!

All you can do, is try to reach up between the radiator & exhaust man. and feel for the release latch. Lord I feel for you folks that have the turbo in the way if it goes!!

Monday, April 30, 2012 7:55 PM
Ok here are some pics and I have some ?s.First on your hood cable does it look like the one in this pic above OR does your cable come thru the dash panel like up towards the steering column.Next I want show a pic of my resevour and notice the AC line to dryer does yours look this big,or is it smaller bc the tanks are designed similar but have different molds on the top.I snapped a pic of the 83 skyhawk tank it does NOT have a rubber over flow tube but plastic molded in for this,next pic shows a resevour with a hose and came out of a 2.0 but not sure it will even work with my car,bc the bend on the tank does not angle OFF enuff for my drier line for ac.I just want to get this right on the tank being you have a 1.8 I am thinking the tank I have might work but take a pic of yours and post so I can either sell the extra I have or try finding one.Btw the hood cable I have is for me as a back up but,should be able to find one for you(I think).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search