Cimarron Wheels w/ Fiero Center Caps - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cimarron Wheels w/ Fiero Center Caps
Sunday, June 03, 2012 4:37 PM
Finally got them cleaned up , caps put on, & slicked up.
I can finally say the caps fit. There are, however some differences in some of these caps. I have a dozen or so of them now. Some of them were a little too loose, while some fit very snuggly. So I now can run these alloys on the old wagon w/o sporting the Caddy medallion!
The old tires are 175/80/13's
The caddy tires are 185/65/14's if anyone is curious.

Re: Cimarron Wheels w/ Fiero Center Caps
Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:17 PM
You'll notice a difference in handling for the better with an inch less in tire sidewall

Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:02 PM
They bear a striking resemblance to the early Pontiac Sunbird Alloys !!

Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:20 PM
Looks Great Orlen!

Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:05 PM
Looking good.
Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:12 PM
There a touch shinier than the originals and do look pretty nice plus alloy you cannot go wrong with that!Looks solid

Monday, June 04, 2012 12:41 PM
Keep going Orlen, and make Cimarron wagon!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:04 PM
I didn't want to make a fresh topic, this seemed a good place to make a post.

We been through some terrible times here from the storm that past through Virginia. Been without power for 5 very long days in sweltering heat. Throughout it all, my venerable longtop has been hard at work doing what wagons do best. She's hauled Gas and Ice. Food and Supplies - while even running me to and from work. Been so very dependable and easy on gas! To remember she is 26 years old and still haulin' the goods is testament to a sound design!

Next month - I'll be mighty proud to say I've had this workhorse for 10 years!! Paid just $350 for it on 8/1/2002 -Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd still be with it now. For too many years I simply drove this car and just did an occasional oil change.
Had it so long I went from hating the darn thing to falling in Love with it - so it goes when you can't find a good reason to part with it!!

Hopefully , next month I can take a lil time and make a little post to celebrate all this Wagon has been. A convertible she is not, and a turbo she lacks as also a stick shift - but man ole' man has this simple little Wagon hauled a Whole Lotta $#1? during these past 10 years!!

So, here is the oldest photo of her in the old days before I got crazy with the rattle cans - and now ....paint brushes - trying to keep this car around for another year or two. And it keeps on keeping on - the old man and his old car!! ....Oh yeah - those ARE 195/70/13's raised letters turned on the inside non the less - how times do change!!

Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the storm in Va. Glad you had a car of its stature to help out with the relief.

P.S. where in Va?? My folks live in Smithfield.
Friday, July 06, 2012 6:08 PM
awesome story Orlen.

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:39 PM
Thanks Paul :-) Never appreciated electricity like I do so now!!

Aaron, we live in Covington - about 70 miles due north of Roanoke. Makes for a nice drive in my old J's from time to time!! :-)

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:54 PM
Orlen, Car looks much better in your custom 2 tone. I can appreciate your feeling on the power outage, last October when we got 8 inches of snow on full foliage trees I was without power for 5 days also. The only thing is I had a generator and a wood stove

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search