87 Z24 or coupe parts needed badly... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
87 Z24 or coupe parts needed badly...
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:58 PM
Hi, Yes I posted this some time ago.. But it is do or die time. I have to revive my Cav and rip up the pavement once again! Almost lost her in a storm last week. Shed was the only thing saving her from bieng crushed by a tree. I need a headliner board, drivers side wheelwell liner, both door belt mouldings, and a center console. I have owned my Cav going on twenty years and only had 69000 when I got her, . She has 120000 now. Please help me get her back on the road!!!!!!! The best way to reach me is email vtchevymuddnut@aol.com. *****Ron Love... We are still on if ya have a good headliner and I have a idea on how to package it up for shipping! THANK YOU !!!!!

Re: 87 Z24 or coupe parts needed badly...
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:23 PM
I have door belt moldings from a Z-24, the doors are currently on my car. I'm planning on taking the belt off, so if you know the "proper" way for me to remove them, they're yours.
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:38 PM
I just picked up a door for my 84 Sunbird convertible at a salvage yard in Rhode Island. The car was in really good shape. I believe the vehicle was a 1986. Not sure if you can use any parts off it. Here is the website for the salvage yard, if you select pontiac they have pictures of it posted online.

http://www.nsautorecycling.com/index.php?page=fresh-car-inventory

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:17 PM
Yeah I have the headliner still.A solid one piece NO sunroof cut out.As for packing I am very confident I can pack and ship with out any help outs.I have sent some crazy items already way bigger and heavy as @#$& for that matter.I have just been super busy wrapping up some projects home wise and other and working to focus on my own ride next.Tired after work and will revisit this wed.As for removing window sweeps wayne check my video it is VERY clear on the how to.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:19 AM
Wayne, With the inner door panel removed you should be able to see how they are clipped on the door edge. Thank you! Just let me know how much you are lookin to get for them and shipping costs. And thank you brian for the info! Ron that is awesome! Just let me know when ready. t
hanks again guys it means alot!
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:19 PM
I have a feeling I misunderstood what you were looking for.

I thought you meant the belt that goes all the way around the car (like an edge guard so if a shopping cart comes into contact with the car it won't ding the body).

If you meant the window sweeps, I'm keeping the ones that are on my doors.

If you did mean the "belt", let me know and you can have that for just the shipping cost.

Ron--your video was great, my memory of that video allowed me to get a nice set of sweeps off a junkyard car. I would've never found the part behind the mirror.
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:53 PM
Wayne yeah it is the window sweeps that i need... Thanks so much for the offer though!
Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:02 PM
Ok here is the inner fender weld plastic that is driver side.Is this what you wanted and if so fine.I will work to get the headliner ready once I have some spare time to focus on it and send this piece assumming you need this piece and is correct.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:10 PM
Ron YES! that is exactly what I need. you are awesome! Just let me know when the stuff is ready and I will shoot you some cash.
Still need a 5 speed center console and window sweeps.. So If anyone else can help out I would apprecite it greatly!
Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:22 PM
Hi can anyone help me at all?? I still need a headliner board, drivers side wheelwell liner, both mouldings at the top of the doors /bottom of the windows (window sweeps) , and a 5 speed center console. Or anyone know of a junk yard that has a 1982- 1987 2 door cavalier? Again... The best way to reach me is email vtchevymuddnut@aol.com.
Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:38 PM
I still have the hdliner board and wheel weld plastic.I do not have any console parts like you wanted yet.I can ship it but,not sure if this wk would be good yet.I will work on getting some time frame so I can at least send the two parts you need.I am super tired so short for now.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:51 AM
Ron Hello, Yes I would still be interested in the parts if you can get time to get them packaged and shoot me a price for them and shipping.
Thanks and take care,
Mike
Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:07 PM
Ok no problem.I just have to get a box big enough to put the headliner in.Plus that fender piece is chunky in size,so may send it separate idk right off hand.Once I can get them boxed and weigh I can give you a price for the parts and shp cost.

Monday, February 04, 2013 2:21 PM
Thanks Ron!
Monday, February 04, 2013 10:03 PM
Mike I know john masson (84convert) has a wheel weld plastic part and has chimed in with me and says he stores his cars not to far from you.He would gladly sell you his spare and save you the shpg cost if you just get in touch with him and discuss part cost and meet him to buy it.This would save me the time,packing,shpg cost to get that bulky item packed and sent to you.The headliner is already big,and getting it packed right will take me some time to find a box and done right so it does not get beat up getting too you.He will pop in here on this post and give you some input as I have already discussed this with him.Hope this is better so you get it quick to replace yours,and let me focus on the bigger item.Ok

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:14 PM
Thanks sounds good Ron.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search