WOWZA- SUPER MINT '87 Z 2 DR on Ebay now!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WOWZA- SUPER MINT '87 Z 2 DR on Ebay now!!
Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:01 PM
no..not mine....from a 'lil old lady in Scottsdale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-CAVALIER-Z24-ONE-OWNER-34K-ACTUAL-MILES-TIME-CAPSULE-DRIVES-LIKE-NEW-WOW-/190761513140?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c6a45b0b4

So, WHO FROM THIS BOARD IS GONNA BRING IT HOME!?!??!
The asking price might seem a tad high to some, but when you consider the low miles and and the $$$$ you'd save on work you do not have to do, I'd say it's fair.

Everything in and out looks great. Engine bay looks quite impressive.

Save the pics for your historic archives!

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"

Re: WOWZA- SUPER MINT '87 Z 2 DR on Ebay now!!
Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:09 PM
as I look at the pics, whaat's that eerie blue 'glow' surrounding the hockey stick tach clear portion?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:35 PM
Nice Car! Very Clean! Does it have some paint touch up on the fender bolts? Arizona sun fade repair? Someone will get a nice car either way.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:06 PM
that's funny- my red '86 has the exact same overspray on the fender bolts and rubber stops

Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:22 PM
That is nice...

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:46 PM
If I had no new car payments,I would buy that fast as #$% and I am not joking!

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:47 AM
i like this car and would love to have it. i'm a bit skeptical about the mileage. 34000? thats less than 1400 a year. when i see a car being advertised as low miles and original i look at the break pedal, steering wheel, shifter knob, armrests, scratches on the coloum from the keys, how worn are the keys? the carpet, how clean is the inside of the coolant overflow bottle? although many of these things look great on this car it has obviously been repainted or touched up and had a very good detailing job done. there is red paint where it should not be. look at the drivers side carpet and door sill, there is just too much wear for 34000 miles unless she only drove it to the golf course wearing her spikes. why no history report or carfax? if i was selling this car it would be something i would certainly want to show a potential buyer. that being said i'm still drooling over it. whenever a car like this comes up for sale it is half way across the country from me or i'm broke, this time it's both! someone please buy this car so it will be lovingly taaken care of and not run into the ground by some teenager that just got there license!
Friday, November 30, 2012 1:42 PM
SSSSSSOLD $4,750

Saturday, December 01, 2012 4:29 PM
wow just like mine that i just took off the road and curently scraping...unreal!!!
Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:00 PM
John G- I was thinking the carpet looked kinda rough for the miles...I chalked it up to age. But who knows.

There were additional photos of the underside in photobucket if you clicked on the photos posted in the ad. The underside looked more worn than I expected, and again, I thought it was an age issue. We will never know, but you observations were quite astute.

Let's hope the car and buyer have a long happy relationship.. Mileage accurate or not, it is still an excellent, complete 1st gen, and for that , it is a victory for our gang.

Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:02 AM
matt brun wrote:wow just like mine that i just took off the road and curently scraping...unreal!!!

Before you scrap it let some of the 1st gen guys have some parts

Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:16 PM
all parts are for sale, only problem is I'm from new brunswick canada and I'm sure you guys are pretty far away lol
Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:29 PM
matt brun wrote:all parts are for sale, only problem is I'm from new brunswick canada and I'm sure you guys are pretty far away lol

Hey, never underestimate a small band of ragged desperados fiercly supporting a radical cause....

Is your's an '87 2 door?

Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:56 PM
lmao haha ok. yea its a 87 z24 2.8 5 speed. I just took it of the road cause its no longer safe to drive lol the rear subframe is roted out. I love these cars but this one is beyon repair so I'm parting it out
Sunday, December 02, 2012 3:42 PM
If it is still sporting the chin spoiler, strut bar on the front towers ect. you'll have no troubles finding a buyer. Lots hungry customers on here. :-)

Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:14 PM
Matt, Do you have any pictures if your car that you can post on here?

Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:20 PM
yea I'm working on that lol. but all my pics the files seem to be to big
Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:22 PM
I'm new to this site so you guys will have to bear with me lol
Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:04 PM
It's not the size of the pics, it's how you use them...

I found Google+ (it's like facebook, but more user friendly) to be the easiest way to post up pics. Once you create an account there, you can upload your pics.

Then, open a 2nd tab in your browser, or a 2nd window, whichever you like better and come here to post.

to post the pic here, go to your G+ account, bring up the picture, and if you're using a windows machine, press F6 to highlight the entire URL bar in G+, right click in that URL bar and choose copy. If you're using Mac, command L will highlight the URL

then come to here in your other tab or window to post, and in your post, type [ img ] paste your url here and type [ /img ]

now around the letters img and /img are brackets, they are above your return key, and DON'T USE THE SPACES THAT I USED. I did that so you could see what I typed. just type the bracket and img and the closing bracket without any spaces.

You can then preview your post to make sure the pic shows up, once in a while it doesn't work for me, but it almost always does. When it doesn't work for me, I have even had to reboot my computer before it would work--don't know why, but sometimes it just doesn't work for me.

Once you get all that done, I would really love to buy the sway bar...
Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:04 PM
Matt if you have a yahoo email account you can easily use that to login to Flickr and use that to host your pics and then just link to them here. Hope you rethink about shipping would be a shame if something useful to someone on here gets scrapped. Heck even the shell of the car could be useful to somebody like Slick Vic or Cody.

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:53 AM
thanks wayne and spike, Im going to look into doing that as soon as i get a chance

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search