How about a NOS 1985 shop manual!! my xmas - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How about a NOS 1985 shop manual!! my xmas
Friday, December 28, 2012 9:20 PM
Ok bought this xmas eve for 22.45 ebay and a FULL coverage of the cav and shows ummm everything on the planet.great details on fixing or tracing problems.The schematics are off the charts and sharing 1 here of the headlights,chime system(door buzzer,key on etc) to show the great stuff.I can blow it up some but,need to scan that to show it better.Any way this covers the 2.0 and 2.8 for sure and SHOWS so much I am really stoked!!!! And here is my NOS never used shop manual and if you guys need something I can share all day long,by emailing or copy it and send to you.I have only touched the surface of what this book shows,and FOR anyone wanting to know where your BUZZER is for the door,key it is right beside the flasher,hazards on one diagram but may vary.IT looked to be on the lhs kick panel near the hood release.I will dig into more later.

Re: How about a NOS 1985 shop manual!! my xmas
Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:33 PM
Nice find Ron!

Here are the manuals I have if anyone needs reference material on specific items.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:34 PM
I have thumbed thru mine but not hard core to learn things.Just too busy lately and hit two junkyards (john you know that) and can't ever have too many manuals.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:58 AM
Aren't they wonderful Ron!!
Paul prodded me into getting one for my J-2000, after that I picked up one for the Cav too. Love these manuals. Sometimes I'll sit down and just browse through them , and always seem to pick up something useful every time. I like to have one manual in really nice shape to sit on the shelf and look cool! Have another to use all the time.
These manuals are also very handy for getting those factory tools numbers off of. I've found that Kent Moore made them and a lot of them sell very reasonable on EBay. Something the hard core J- Body nut might enjoy collecting!

Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:30 PM
Gotta Love em!!!

Haynes and Chiltons get you into trouble. Shop Manuals get you out...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search