tough choice - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tough choice
Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:26 AM
85 sunbird turbo convert or 80 Z28 but one will have to go

Re: tough choice
Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:01 PM
Such a shame John, but I can understand in this economy.

Perhaps if you budget is getting tight, it might be best to keep the 2nd Gen F Body - provided it is in decent condition. Convertibles really need a garage to be kept in over the long haul, without a good roof over them a rag top will deteriorate. Once the top cannot prevent moisture from getting in the floorboards it is only a matter of time. Sunroofs and T-Tops are more tolerant as they can survive much longer even under a modest carport if one is available. I might also add a 2nd Gen F Body is much less complicated , I think the 80 model even lacks a computer and probably even an oxygen sensor. Only you know what you've got to work with there and each condition.

So if you choose the 2nd Gen F body over a 1st Gen J body I couldn't exactly blame you.

However if you do , we here at J-Body will have to Tar & Feather you if you don't find your Pontiac a good home!! Naaa.....just kidding. (or are we.....)

Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:33 PM
problem is we plan on moving to north dakota soon and cant take everything, so what i take needs to be used in the winter and a soft top may not be the best choice, in the summer i ride the bikes.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:45 PM
Sorry to hear that John,
If you were only 3,000 miles closer I might consider your car. If you sell the Sunbird try and send it to a good home.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:46 PM
I almost had to make the same decision at one point. 94 Z28 and 84 Sunbird. I found a way to keep them both. Best of luck with the decision.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:13 PM
That is just tough.If it were me I would rent a storage facility and store it and work on it as you could.Granted you need a daily and guess the bird has sat so it would not hurt to have it stored imo.Idk just too much of a jbody junkie to let a car like that sit and or be sold to some idiot who has zero idea of the rare ness of it.It is your decision and if you sell it,do this with the intension of a good sound,mature adult who will bring it back up to par.I would never part with mine,but understand your situation.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 5:44 PM
sad news ! looks like the camaro is a goner so you guys are stuck with me for a while, changed the coil , IAC valve , fan temp switch , and heater core , blood loss was impressive LOL its only money, top is next on the list

Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:40 PM
See Jbody is in your blood NOW! It is a inherited disease once you get one you just can't rid of it.Great news to here.

Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:04 PM
In my opinion, a nice looking, well working drop top beats most steel roof rides across the board, though I am a sucker for an old good looking coupe (1928-1940). Its tough to beat going topless, combined with a starry summer night and its a case of perma grin for me.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:15 PM
i keep telling my wife topless is the way to go but after 25 years she just shakes her head and walks away

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:38 AM
Are ya still Dakota - bound?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:58 PM
John-

You just made me laugh out loud at work...

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:20 PM
yup 2 more months and ND bound, traded the Z28 for a moving truck so to pack better,and glad you liked that paul a laugh is alway worth irt

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search