blend door? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blend door?
Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:02 AM
just replaced blower motor on my 91rs, but it seems it doesnt blow through any setting I set, it blows air but it doesnt really come through any vent, I can hear the vacuum trying to do something (hissing) but I cant get it to select defrost or vents or anything. whats up with that?

Re: blend door?
Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:39 AM
Behind your heater controls is a switch that is vacuum operated. It has several hoses going to it from a main vacuum line.
Either your main vacuum feed became disconnected or one of the vacuum artery lines became disconnected.
Hope this helps !

~ Mike ~

Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:28 PM
Parts breakdown of heater control unit on a 1991 Cavalier:

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=813203

~ Mike ~

Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:46 PM
Is it possible to put the fan facing the wrong way, that would blow the air away from the vents.
Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:31 PM
Something else to check that I have come across is make sure the squirrel cage is the correct size. If you have a factory A/C car the cage will be much taller than a non A/C car. You can put a non A/C blower motor in by mistake and it will sound like air should be moving but hardly anything comes out the vents.

Monday, February 04, 2013 10:47 AM
I didnt see any vacuum lines when I pulled the headunit and controls out. I can hear it hiss. when I select vent it seems to blow a little more thru the front vents, but its almost as if the door is stuck in the "off" position and not moving. hard to get to?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search