Clean 86 Cavalier Convertible - EBay - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clean 86 Cavalier Convertible - EBay
Friday, February 01, 2013 6:47 PM
Who's got some Tax Refund to Spend? Mighty Purty!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Chevrolet-Cavalier-Z24-Convertible-2-Door-2-8L-/181070855377?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a28a9fcd1#v4-42

Re: Clean 86 Cavalier Convertible - EBay
Friday, February 01, 2013 6:57 PM
That is one RED car! I would put a black top on it and do a 5 spd swap, just to make it interesting.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:28 PM

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:30 PM
Omg, that is a sexy sexy beast

~~1986 Chevy Cavalier CS~~
~~2.0 TBI~~
Friday, February 01, 2013 7:36 PM
Nice it is and guess maybe sold without too much problem.I would own it.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:46 PM
There you go Ron, once you go topless you never go back!

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:15 PM
Now that you mention it, I would look really nice parked next to Sunny. You could name it Chili Pepper!!

I don't think it would be a good idea to park it too close to Paul's 'Bird...with all that red paint in the sunlight something might be liable to spontaneously Combust!!

I have to say I must have a soft spot for the tired little old Misfit - J's. Got my eye one a tired ole '87 Sedan in Roanoke. The old wagon has been carrying me to work faithfully for 11 years now and I thought it might be a good idea to have one to share the duties with. Even though the Sunbird is just a base model & looks a little rough, I basically drive it on pretty days - it gets pampered. Have to wait and see how it goes with the Sedan. Nope, this one isn't Blue either!

Friday, February 01, 2013 9:09 PM
Well my wife mentioned the other day about how some worthless new convertable was SO cool.I told her plainly tracy the only convertible I would agree to you owning would be a cavalier vert.She kinda was like what?I said #1 I know these cars,#2 we could get one less expensive and easy to maintain.#3 it is a vert and well with my parts knowledge and books out the ying yang best choice.She would be happy with one,she just gets so glazed over with the newer cars that are and oh how cool they are.Like the solara a road comode weighs a ton and over priced,and cookie cutter like every other road you see one.Go retro in the vert dept is what I told her.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:36 PM
wow! looks exactly like my wifes car,only hers does have the black top. looks to be in a lot better condition too. check out that dash,no wear on the steering wheel or other items that get handled frequently. here is a pic of hers for comparision

message to Ron, thanks for the pics of the alt. bracket. i did have it mounted wrong. as for buying a convertable, go for it! we bought ours two years ago. i;m 52 and this is my first. i"m still asking myself what was i waiting for! it really is my wifes car but on rare ocassions i get to drive it (after i did some work on it and it needs a test drive) it is a blast! so the wifes happy, i'm happy it"s a win -win. buy one you won't regret it
Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:02 PM
Do want... Although I'd have to get some Z24 skirts, bumpers, and front valance.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:18 PM
That is a lot of red. Looks great though.

Orlen - You are right, too much red in my garage already.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:55 PM

This one is a dead ringer for Tom Stroup's '85, the only difference is that Tom's is a bit darker candy apple red and all of the badging was removed when it was repainted. Tom's is just as clean...
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:46 AM
Wow !
The car went for only $2651.00 !!!
I could have found that much money in my couch cushions !!!
I should have bid on that ride...

~ Mike ~

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:17 PM
Mike--I'm passing though your town soon, think I could crash on your couch for the night?
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:25 PM
Yeah Wayne!!

If I happen upon Mikes sofa for sale in the second hand shop, I'm buyin' it!!

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:56 PM
OK Wayne, you are welcome over anytime....just keep away from my water bottle>>>

~ Mike ~

Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:10 PM
If anyone runs across a 1st gen Sunbird convertible with an automatic tranny, I'd be VERY interested in buying it. Wow that '86 was clean, I just hope the new owner takes good care of it...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search