AC Interchange 1.8 OHC and 2.0 OHC - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AC Interchange 1.8 OHC and 2.0 OHC
Friday, February 08, 2013 6:50 PM
Anyone happen to know if the AC systems on the 1.8 and 2.0 OHC cars is interchangeable? I yanked mine off a few years ago to put the intercooler on and and going to pull it off and put ac back in. I need to replace the compressor and condenser and pretty much everything except the drier.

On a side note - I will have an intercooler for sale...

Re: AC Interchange 1.8 OHC and 2.0 OHC
Friday, February 08, 2013 8:52 PM
Pretty sure they didn't change. Also when I reinstalled my AC I put 134a in. I didn't even clean the lines like they say and it's been fine for 5 years. Just a little tip. I filled it with the DIY cans. Took 3 or 4.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, February 08, 2013 9:17 PM
Paul the only difference maybe the ac lines are bent different bc each yr,and or model vary based on engine and where stuff is place aka cav/bird this does matter.As long as you have your orig lines and go new on the major parts you should not have any problems updating the system as it stands.I doubt any change between the 1.8 to 2.0 really based on my yard checks of this stuff.I converted my cav to r134 too years ago and just vacummed down the system and updated the r12 fittings to the r134 sold separate and just screw on the high pressure,low pressure fittings as they are.They will come with a red and blue cap and done.I can look up in my books how they hold but,sure you have that in your basic manuals as my chiltons and haynes have that listed.Just vacumm down the system to remove the air this ensure the best working ac function.I do not think I left anything off but idk typing quick on memory.

Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:01 AM
Yep, that is the problem... I have the compressor - the big honkin one. But I do not have the hard lines on either side of the condenser or the condenser itself. I was thinking of finding a 2.0 OHC car in a yard and grabbing pretty much the whole system. I had mine working on R134 before the intercooler went in..

First I have to get it together, then get the ac on...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search