Need rear seat and seat belts for 84 cavalier type 10 coupe - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need rear seat and seat belts for 84 cavalier type 10 coupe
Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:46 PM
As the subject of my post states, I am in need of a rear seat and seat belts for my 1984 Cavalier type 10 coupe. I would prefer grey, but will settle for other colors if they are in good condition and the price is reasonable.

Re: Need rear seat and seat belts for 84 cavalier type 10 coupe
Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:50 PM
As far as I have learned, you can use any rear seat out of any Make J-Body, just as long as it is a Coupe. I do not know about 2nd Gen. possibilities, although I've been told all 3 gens front seats can be swapped.

Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:48 PM
where are you located?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:13 PM
Wisconsin, Appleton area, half hour south of Green bay.
Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:41 PM
Now in all my spare parts I do not have rear seat buckles! And as for the seat do you need a back and bottom and if you could snap a pic of your current cars rear seating I can check to see if any cars here would match up.The buckles are easy to do,and finding grey should not be a problem.I find alot of parts for everyone here and scroll down to my thread finding cool stuff in the pull a part to see the variety of items I have sourced.I just went junkyarding yesterday and not sure if the cars there were coupes(at least in memory) most were sedans.Also is your material vinyl with cloth or cloth period.Ron

Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:56 PM
I'll get pictures tomorrow. The buckles are what I need, plus the entire seat. It's tweed fabric with vinyl.
Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:11 PM
I have what you need but your too far as I am in pa.

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:21 PM
Ok I can probably get the buckles no problem in grey.Do you want both the male and female pieces the flat reciever and fork end to lock it right.I am pretty sure there is a grey set and I would hold tight on the bottom and back (sedans have diff fit) and see if I can locate something like uh a correct fit.I will update once I find the parts and post pics next wk on at least the buckles.Too bad rob can't help since he seemed to have the coupe seats(dog gone it)So tweed with vinyl.Ok

Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:37 PM
Thanks everybody for your help. I should have mentioned sooner, it is light grey, you might even call it white. I can't figure out how to upload pictures on this site. Sorry about any confusion I may have caused.
Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:02 AM
Would it happen to be this color Andy

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:22 PM
Ok quick ? on your rear seat part.What exactly is wrong with your seat bottom or back to need a replacement.If the material is just torn up you might want to get a local upholestry shop to recover it versus a used mixed color or diff material.And please post a pic.IF you take a pic,go and register on photobucket,upload it there.My tutorial right now would sucketh being 530 mile day and well tired.

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:54 PM
Had a little fire, I think an upholstery shop would be more expensive than a used one.
Monday, February 11, 2013 10:01 PM
Okay, uploaded picture, now how do I post it? This website is a real pain.
Monday, February 11, 2013 10:05 PM
One of the dangers of smoking. I finally did quit, but not before my car paid the price. Lucky the windows were rolled up (fire ran out of oxygen and burned out on its own) or would have lost the whole car. http://www.j-body.org/members/image/unclebadandy/0209131506-4.jpg/
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:42 PM
OK BadAndy (love the name from Cheers), here it is:

now that you're on photobucket, you open a tab in your browser with the pic
right click on the pic and choose something like "copy image address"

open a tab here and in your post type before the URL, then paste the URL, then type after the URL.

those brackets around img are above the quote key on your keyboard, and don't forget the slash on the backside of the url (under your ? key). You can then preview your post to make sure the pic is there.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:01 PM
Hey Rob from Pa, is that seat in good condition? Do you have pics? I took my old seat to Fed-ex and had it weighed, about $70 for shipping.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:54 PM
Whoa I would say you seat got smoked a touch.I will dig around my yards and see If I can locate a good one that actually fits.Unless another comes forth first.Planning thurs due to wed is rain and yucky.I hope I can find something decent and color match.It may take some time to get,pending what the yards get in.Ok thanks for the pic and that helps alot!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:23 PM
I believe my seat is in almost perfect condition. I believe there is a little fade on the inside of the rear headrest part from the sun.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:59 PM
Ok got some pretty decent dark grey buckles all OF them out of a 84.See if this good and can work out the details if interested in buying them.I do use paypal and fedex ground so quick delivery.Let me know,and the only rear coupe had light grey all cloth seat on a 94 sunbird and fairly decent overall.Just needs some cleaning.I however would want to go as close to oem look,but finding your color and coupe might be tough.They crushed the 83 coupe (dang it) but it was like brown interior anyway.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:27 PM
Thanks Ron, but I went to a couple more yards myself today and found belts that are closer to the right color than that. Still not having much luck with a seat. I only found a few that are not completely wrecked and none that are even close to a match. Also checked with an upholstery shop, $300, too pricey for me.
Friday, February 15, 2013 5:59 AM
mr. badandy, i live in the west bend wi. area. i'll keep a look out for your grey seats.i am also looking for 1st gen interior parts only i need them in blue. if you come across anyting let me know and i will do the same. i have relatives in your area and get up there every now and then.

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:33 PM
Ok that is fine they were really cheap.At least I have a set now so,can always hold for other buyers.Too many j body parts is not enough anyway.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search