HID's in my sunbird. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID's in my sunbird.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:50 PM
Now I know some people look down upon these but I got a pair of xenon 10k HID's from a friend at a killer deal. I did some research and from what i understand
for them to be legal on the road them need to have the housing so the light doesn't just go all over and there just not meant for stock headlight housings.

My question is if I wanted to "retrofit" some HID headlight housings what are some suggestions that would fit? I'm not gonna run them in my stock housing
because for one I can't afford to get pulled over and ticketed for my headlights being illegally bright.

Re: HID's in my sunbird.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:59 PM
Just FYI 10,000k you will not see crap lol. Factory headlights will be better. You need 6,000-8,000. I prefer 6,000 now. I had 10,000, they look cool but the blue is too blue and you cannot see anything at night so I switched everything to 6,000 now it's like driving with the sun out. Mine are 55w to not 35w. I only paid $60 a set for them from vvme.com. I did headlights and foglights.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:05 PM
Here is all the info you should need. This is for a sunbird gt but should use the same bulbs as you.

http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/sunbird-gt-hid-question-t106693.html

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:05 PM
Did you use the stock headlight housing? That's the one thing I'm worried about is the light scatter. I always can buy different bulbs but i wanna at least try them out or until
i get pulled over which I'm gonna try and avoid. I had the idea about leaving the top of the headlights that flips up down and see what kinda light is put out. As i said just an idea
considering I'm not near the car to really see how everythings gonna look.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:09 PM
Awesome thank you! Will be ordering first thing tomorrow!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:15 PM
Now it says blue/white true high output, these don't come with bulbs do they?

Type4351 Conversion kit with Xenon-Charged Blue/White True High Output
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:18 PM
Sorry, posting before reading. Figured it out and ordered them.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:22 PM
I never used them. I have 35w 8,000k in my 89 but I will be switching to 55w 6,000k and high beam 100w 6,000k. My 2000 has 55w 6,000 k in headlights and foglights and I love them. My 89 was fine aiming wise with the factory headlights, they are glass. My 2000 has aiming issues but there are no projectors available, so I got 9007-3 which is a bulb that moves in and out to mimic factory bi levels. Also if you get hids new get digital ballest not regular slim ballasts. The digitals warm up a lot quicker and have a lot less draw. Both my 55w digitals share a 10amp fuse as my old ones shared a 30amp. Also wire a relay in it will help a lot or get a relay kit. Any other questions just ask. I hope you measued your headlights before ordering to make sure they fit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search