We have lost a great member from our forum - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
We have lost a great member from our forum
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:43 PM
Ok guys I have wondered where John Macarell has been so,being I have done business with him did some searching.I simply found his phone # with his info I had and called his house today.I believe I was talking with his wife(did not ask) but explained who I was and that I was a member here and if this was the J.Mac with the z24 hatch she said yes.Then inquired as why he had not been online in a long while.Well I can't find the words but John Macarell passed away January 3,2013.I did not ask the specifics but this clearly was a tragic thing and no indicators of this scenario.I went on to ask some things like did they still have the car (it has been sold) no idea to who,where etc.I ask if she wanted me to convey any messages to our small board of members who are so fond of our group and we are tight knit.She did not have any comments but did leave my name and # with her in case and advised her if she needed anything in regards to the car side I would be glad to assist if needed.I am just at a loss for words after he spent so much time working to make his ride super nice and going to pick up that cowl hood and me fixing a air box to mod up.I truly find this something hard to describe and losing such a great guy who was just super to know and share some stories and sale parts too and being a first gen junky like we all are.I can't say all the things I want right now,after learning this but,needed to share this with you all and may you keep his family and friends in mind even after all the time has past since his passing.He was more than just a jbody member ,he was a good friend even over the net I would help him like someone I see everyday.So in conclusion I say to my friend JOHN MACARELL rest in piece you will be missed and NEVER FORGOTTEN! The above pic is his car and may we charish his memory and remember January 3,2013 to our beloved Jbody enthusiast.Your friend Ron Love

Re: We have lost a great member from our forum
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:27 AM
Very sad to hear. Hoping the best for his family and friends in their loss...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:51 AM
Wow! I had been wondering what had happened to him as well. This is quite a shock. He seemed in good health when I met him in Indy. RIP Jon Mac.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:34 PM
Well said Ron,
I was wondering how he made out with the ignition problem he was having just before Christmas. I had emailed him some wiring diagrams and never heard from him again. Emailed him about two months ago and didn't get a reply. Like you said he was dedicated, driving many hours for the hood and I know he drove up to Rhode Island to get the Z24 front bumper that he so badly wanted.

RIP and I'm sure we all feel the same!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:39 PM
RIP John.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search