rear sway bar - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear sway bar
Friday, March 29, 2013 5:46 PM
Maybe I read too much into it on a previous thread, but I thought every Z24 had a rear sway bar.

I saw three 2nd gens today in the junkyard, and no sway bar

Re: rear sway bar
Friday, March 29, 2013 8:00 PM
I believe the 86' I saw in the junk yard today had one. If I had known you were looking for one I would have saved the one off my 89' I scrapped.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:33 PM
I've only recently learned of the existence of the rear sway bar; same for the lower body brace. I'm looking to get both. I have the strut tower brace, but want the other two parts as well. I'll be installing new struts and shocks, and along with these parts, the car should feel so nice.
Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:54 PM
Years with rear sway are from 86-94 they are the EXACT same part because the rear AXLE was NOT changed in design and use the same brackets and mount points and 19mm bushings.There are some like buick somerset that actually had this feature on a few models I found from checking the yards.Find pretty much most Z models (I should have stated this before) from hte years listed above same stuff 1st or 2nd.

Monday, April 01, 2013 1:04 PM
I saw 4 2nd gen z's, not one sway bar.

Would the front lower body brace from a 2nd gen fit a 1st?
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:47 AM
speaking of sway bars im assuming the front sway bar on a z24 is larger. if so by how much?
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:09 PM
4 2nd gen Zs and no rear bars? That's strange, they may have already been pulled off. The FE2 and FE3 cars came with bars (different diameters between years and level). Check out my Suspension FAQ on V6Z24.com. Ron is correct, they will all bolt to any 1st/2nd gen axle.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search