Super Easter - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Super Easter
Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:52 PM
My girl friend gave me a fabulous Easter gift.....a pass not to attend dinner with her family so I could continue to work in the garage doing front suspension replacement work. I made great use of her kindness. Between today and yesterday, I replaced the pills in the headlight motors so one eye doesn't wink and make noise anymore. I also replaced the front struts, strut mounts, strut cushion & bellows, tie rod ends and ball joints. After that was done, I finished the job by checking the camber to find it was within spec. and set the toe in at 1/8th in. Now my Bird should ride like new once she is ready to leave the nest and take flight.

I think I will try to convert a GM power seat unit to fit the jbody floor pan. After that, I think I will replace the window sweeps with some after market material to fit onto the factory pieces since I can get an 8 foot strip brought to Carlisle in a few weeks and avoid the shipping on that item. I also scored some hinge pins and over sized bushings on ebay. The bushings were $3 for 10 free shipping and the pins were I think were $7 for 5, free shippinig. I bought enough for all 3 of my j body convertibles and my 87 Chevy truck I want to redo and paint this summer.

The big down side is that I got metal in my eye when drilling out the ball joint rivets and now need to go visit the eye doctor tomorrow for metal removal. Oh well...no pain...no big gain!

Re: Super Easter
Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:18 PM
I do not believe you did any of that work with out pics! Just kidding and you fix some things to damage yourself.Whoa and hope the doc can assist you and help you get back to a ok.I myself have been kicked with a heavy sinus infection and got a cortizone shot plus a Z pac and I am doing better but,far from a 100%.Glad your making progress and wish I could do some work myself but,sick recovery time is first.Good to here about the loads done so far.

Re: Super Easter
Monday, April 01, 2013 4:54 AM
The car(s) will be there for as long you want them but family could go at the drop of a hat . Not knocking your choice to work on your car just saying spend as much time with loved ones while you can . Next time wear some safety glasses, I always do because you never know what will fly at your face. I had some close calls myself with my eyes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search