Value? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Value?
Monday, April 01, 2013 1:04 PM
I've had an"86 Cavalier RS converible for the last 12 years or so,and just can't seem to part with it.I'm hearing conflcting stories about what it might be worth(They seem to be very low production-mine is an RS model 4 cylinder,and there were only about 2079 ever made,with a window sticker of about $12,000!!!) .I know GM didn't make convertibles back then,coupes were sent to a company called American Specialty Conversions that did the convertible conversion(hence the high price of the car).Anyone have any ideas what it might be worth,or if it's worth keeping?Thanks!!

Re: Value?
Monday, April 01, 2013 3:41 PM
these cars are definitly not investment grade autos. they seem to be creeping up in value but not much. your rs even if it was in #1 condition which means showroom might fetch you 5k. i dont think there are any out there. most of the nice ones i have seen bring 1500-3000$ . keep it, take care of it, and enjoy it. the best thing about these cars is that you have something differant than everybody else. how many camaroes and mustangs can you stand?
Monday, April 01, 2013 3:58 PM
Agree with John. 5K on a real good day in showroom condition with very low miles.

Monday, April 01, 2013 5:26 PM
Drive it and enjoy it

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:42 AM
back when i was trying to sell my rs wagon i was asking 1500 for it. its not even in that great of shape but i wanted to give myself room to be talked down. i had people calling left and right. most of them just wanted to know about the car and couldnt believe that there was one still around and drivable. that just inspired me to keep it and drive it.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:07 PM
I agree, $5k is a decent guess for one in mint condition, and to the right buyer. If you planned on selling it in Autotrader or something, you'd be around $2500-3k at most. Mint condition 2nd gen verts are right around $4k, and most "street" ones sell around $2500. Yours being older and more rare brings it up a touch.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:08 AM

Early when I got my Sunbird, I tried selling it. NADA set a high vale of $6100.00. I got no hits at 5K and then I lowered it to 3600. No hits at that price, then I dropped it to 2500. A couple of hits but they were tire kickers. SO then, I decided to keep it. I do enjoy the car, Just worried about keeping it safe because I do not have a garage and it a rag top.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/josehernandezmiami/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search