Wanted: 2.0 OHC Turbo motor complete and ECM - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wanted: 2.0 OHC Turbo motor complete and ECM
Monday, April 01, 2013 10:21 PM
So I wasn't sure where to post this. Bought the lil lady a Pontiac Sunbird 2.0 OHC / 5 speed vert awhile back. 1990 model. Very clean car. Needed the top end of the motor redone. I did that and apparently pissed off the bottom end as it threw a rod bearing three days later at idle. So , the underpowered OHC n/a has to go. It's a real dog even more so than usual in the vert. It's just too heavy a car. Looking to score a OHC Turbo motor complete (intake and exhaust manifolds, turbo , ecm ,etc.O and I'm willing to pay freight and a reasonable price. Help me out here folks please! Pic of car below. Thanks,

MIke

Re: Wanted: 2.0 OHC Turbo motor complete and ECM
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:18 AM
I saw a grand am SE in my local yard that had a 2.0 turbo in it. The turbo was the only part that was removed.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:01 AM
Mike-

I have not seen one for a while up here. I would like to get one too

Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:57 AM
Josh Maloney wrote:I saw a grand am SE in my local yard that had a 2.0 turbo in it. The turbo was the only part that was removed.

I would be interested in that if the rest of the setup was intact. Turbo is the easy part to replace/upgrade. Pics by chance and a price?

Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:41 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not sure we've got an engine worth sharing with you. I will contact Tom Stroup, as we've parted out a number of JBodies, and see if we have an engine to share with you. We parted out a 91 bird, but it had a 3.1 in it, but we're saving it. We got an 84, with a 1.8 but I don't think the turbo or even if that engine was any good. I'll contact Tom Stroup and he'll know if it's any good...

Walt Lewis
Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:51 PM
I'll check on it Friday when I go back. I don't know the condition of the engine but the car was basically intact.

Monday, April 08, 2013 1:44 AM
Great. Thanks Josh! I don't care if it runs or not. As long as it's a 2.0 OHC Turbo and there's nothing (obviously) like a rod hole in the block or something. I plan to do a full rebuild on w/e motor I get.

Walter: Looking forward to what you find out as well.

I really appreciate your efforts here guys! Thanks a million!

Mike

Friday, April 12, 2013 10:24 PM
Any news on this Josh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search