Spring project #1 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spring project #1
Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:00 AM
Well, got one of my spring/summer projects on my list done!
I purchased some drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads on Ebay (do the research before doing this on Ebay, because there are a lot of questionable quality brake parts out there on Ebay), so I rebuilt my calipers, put new hoses on, and threw it together yesterday!
Keep in mind if you put ceramic pads on they have to be "bedded in" immediately in order for them to work properly and last as long as they are supposed to. There are tons of websites on the internet that will tell you what you have to do to bed in the pads/rotors properly.
I was going to go for the '92 - up brake upgrade, but my car braked pretty well already, and with the 2.0 under the hood, I know I am never going to race my little girl anyway, LOL !

I must admit, the car stops considerably better than it did before with absolutely NO FADE!
Not too bad for an afternoon's work, LOL !

~ Mike ~

Re: Spring project #1
Sunday, April 07, 2013 2:06 PM
Looks Great!

Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:00 PM
Sweet!!

Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:59 PM
It looks great! I'm hoping next year to start the 4 speed auto swap on mine.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:45 AM
I was considering doing the 92+ brake upgrade as well, but that will push me out of my stock 14" rims.

Unless I could findsomeone to buy my rims and get a set of black mesh style ones (think Fiero style), I think I am sticking with the stockers.

The hardware is so inexpensive on our stock brake setups it makes sense to me to stick with them unless you are adding another 200 HP or so .

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:08 AM
The only real issue I have ever had with my original brakes was that they would start to fade if I drive the car a *little* harder than I normally do and when coming off the interstate - having to go from 70MPH to 25MPH.
With the ceramic brake pads and drilled/ slotted rotors, there really isn't any discernible fade.
I always have the option to go with the '92-up upgrade, but if things stay the way they are right now, I don't see this happening anytime in the future!

~ Mike ~

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search