4cyl rs with a cold start problem - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 4cyl rs with a cold start problem
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:25 PM
I finished rebuilding it today. I was really surprised how easy it was to do. I used mainly simple green and a toothbrush to clean it. It came out looking a lot better than before. It was in desperate need for a rebuild. Every gasket was cracked, brittle, and leaked. WS glad I took the time to rebuild it instead of just replacing the base gasket. Hopefully I will have it back on tomorrow and be able to drive it.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:24 PM
Good deal and if the injector does not spray a nice fine mist or dribbles that needs to be replaced.They also sell the plug that goes into the injector IF it is cracked or brittle.I replaced mine when I did my rebuild.I plan on adding a schrader valve so if I have to check the fuel psi I can hook up right at the fuel rail primary in the future.I need to buy that and is like less than 7.00 plus shipg.Hope it goes well and rain is forecasted so,we will see how the weather fairs here.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:09 PM
Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it today. I had to work Wednesday night so I slept most of the day when I got home. I am also working tonight. However I will have it finished Friday or the weekend. I have everything ready to go other than replacing the air cleaner, hook up the throttle cable and kickdown cable, and I would like to replace the plugs while I'm there. It took me forever to scrape all the form a gasket off the valve cover just so I could get the new gasket on.

Anyway looking forward to the test drive when everything comes back together. My next task is to attack the rust spots on the car.
Friday, April 12, 2013 10:46 PM
finished putting everything together and it fires right up! idles smooth and no more vacuum leak.

thanks for the help everyone!
Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:13 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search