first gen front lip spoiler - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first gen front lip spoiler
Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:25 PM
so from what i gather the front lip spoiler for first gens is very rare and when found unless its in a junkyard is quite expensive if the seller knows what he has.

so i decided to just make my own. i used a lip from a volvo 700 series. unforunately i had to cut it in the center and remove about 2.5 inches and then i reattached it in the center. its not perfect because i just used zip ties to reattach it but i just wanted to see how it looked and it cost total around $12. so let me know what you guys think.

Re: first gen front lip spoiler
Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:08 PM
Not too bad considering the the modification.And yeah the factory front spoiler is expensive if you buy one from a person,or get stupid lucky and find one at the junkyard.I have yet in almost two and half years to see one Z in the junkyards I visit with one.I would love one too,it would go great with my factory color(yellow gold) the black trim and so forth it would fit right in.Simple fab job you did and looks fairly decent with out too much change.At least it seems to flow with the bumper overall.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:17 AM
Interesting.
I might have to try this, thanks!
Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:01 AM
it turned out pretty decent to be such a hurried attempt and my first time doing it. also at the time i didnt have anything to cut it with so i ended up having to use tin snips. haha. im going back to the junkyard sometime next week to see if i can find anything that i could make fit a little better.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:37 PM
Funny you did this, a few weeks ago, I was just sizing up a camaro lower front spoiler, but I didn't think it would be right for my car.

I'm going to try and design something on my own, using cardboard to make a template; but then I don't know how I would manufacture the actual piece and out of what material.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:37 PM
If we could just get an actual piece, I have a friend in California who works for an Off Road Racing parts design company. I have already spoken with him about it and he could easily scan the piece and then replicate it into his cad system. Then it could be provided to one of his client companys for production. We would probably use a plastic compound similar to "bumper skin" material. Strong, yet flexible and "self healing." I'm sure we could get them put out at a reasonable price for all to buy. If I can come upon one of these, I will make it happen.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:59 AM
You need to have him make one to look like the z24 bumper for first gens.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, April 15, 2013 5:08 AM
Wayne Schiff wrote:Funny you did this, a few weeks ago, I was just sizing up a camaro lower front spoiler, but I didn't think it would be right for my car.

I'm going to try and design something on my own, using cardboard to make a template; but then I don't know how I would manufacture the actual piece and out of what material.

Try a 1980's S-10 lower airdam, probably would fit without any cutting.

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:10 PM
good idea. i will look for one next time i go to the junkyard.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search