It Sure is One of One - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
It Sure is One of One
Monday, April 01, 2013 5:58 PM

Re: It Sure is One of One
Monday, April 01, 2013 6:09 PM
Not a fan of the diamond plate, or the whole execution, but I love conversions like that when done well and clean. Probably the red neck in me, but I love them.

Monday, April 01, 2013 6:31 PM
Its kinda cute with a ton of potential. I am thinking it would be cool with Z24 ground effects in silver and the body in black with the Z hood, then a red pin stripe around the bottom where the factory black one is, topped off with 2002 16" factory 5 spoke rims with the impression areas painted satin black to high light the spokes like the old Pontiac II wheels. A screaming bright red interior with power seats would be the cats meow! Then it would almost resemble a mini choo choo custom el camino styled sport pick up. Definitely ditch the diamond plate and camo would kill it for sure.

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:08 PM
LoL...well I suppose someone was going to do it sooner or later.

Beats a wagon going to the shredder.

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:16 PM
Its a Cavalier-ute!

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:31 AM
I wonder if it's registered as a truck .............?
Strange looking little thing...a Chevy version of a Subaru Brat.....ugh.
I'd be a *bit* concerned about the structural integrity of the rear of that thing - on a unibodied car, the body is a working part of the frame. The rear structure of that umm.....pick-up? would be weakened without the top crossmembers.
Unless the tailgate is permanently attached and welded into place, I'd be afraid of the bedsides collapsing inward.
Might be a rigid frame sitting under those aluminum bed caps, though...
Ain't my taste, that's for sure......!

~ Mike ~

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:05 AM
Hmmmmm, I just noticed the front fenders and corner markers are from an '89 Cavalier too !
Give a bored guy a sawzall, a welder and some bondo and I guess anything can happen !
Seems like a lot of work for little benefit..

~ Mike ~

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:43 AM
Mike - at least it wasn't a 1st Gen Wagon!

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:47 AM
Orlen Brown wrote:Mike - at least it wasn't a 1st Gen Wagon!

Yabut, a first gen front end resembles a pickup front end more than a second gen, LOL !

~ Mike ~

Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:45 PM
I kinda like it. A mini El Camino. A Chip Foose custom it ain't, LOL but I have to give some credit to who ever did the butchery on it. It reminds me of the Chrysler mini pickup truck from the late 70's early 80's.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search