Overheating problems - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Overheating problems
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:07 PM
Another update. Car died again today

Was driving without any problems today, started heading uphill and compleatly lost power, felt as though my gas petal was doing nothing. And I couldn't hear my exhaust(I still have a slight exhaust leak, so I should have at least heard it a little bit) Then the car stalled and wouldn't start again. Had to get it towed home again.
Tryed spraying some starting fluid in it, still no start. Hadmy buddy try and crank it while iheld my hand over the end of the muffler and I felt NO back pressure (I'm still using the muffler that has all the broken up catalyst in it).
I'm thinking that the muffler has finally completely clogged itself and that's why it won't start up again, if there's no where for the exhaust to escape from then it would be backing up into the cylinders causing the car to not start.
Did manage to cut my old muffler off and I can hear some pretty big chunks rolling around in it. Tomorrow I'm going to charge the battery up and try and get it to start (without the muffler) if itdoes start then I can narrow the problem down to the clogged muffler as the problem and go bolt my new one on. Ifnot then I'm stumped once again!!!

On a slightly positive note, my cooling fan kicked on today, I replaced the relay yesterday.

~~1986 Chevy Cavalier CS~~
~~2.0 TBI~~

Re: Overheating problems
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:18 PM
Usually it's the relay or the alt/fan fuse blows and makes the car over heat.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search