Repair Manual on CL - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Repair Manual on CL
Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:48 AM
Found this while browsing for parts.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/3741846063.html

Re: Repair Manual on CL
Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:51 AM
Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:16 PM
That 2nd manual a true shop manual is spot on the better buy.I spent 25.00 on my gm shop manual on ebay free shpg and NOS at that.This manual covers things umm 100% better but,for quick references the haynes and chiltons are good for simplier things like torque,and general .

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:50 AM
I would grab the dealer one if it was for an 87'.

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:51 AM
I have owned the first one for many years. As Ron mentioned, it is great for a quick reference, but it really only gives you enough info to get you into trouble.

I keep both the Haynes/Chilton book and the shop manual at the ready for my car projects. That shop manual is a good price, if you are local why not buy it and hold or resell?

Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:06 PM
Was lucky enough today to score a backup 1986 Factory Manual for the Wagon on EBay. Been following this one for some time. Every time I'd remember to bid on it the time ran out and weeks later the seller would get around to re-listing it. Crazy me , I went through that cycle a couple of times. Finally got around to nailing the deal today - $4.99 + $5.83 Shipping. Nice to have one to use out in the Garage if need be, and keep a good one inside for reference.

Paul....you got me hooked Buddy!!

Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Orlen ... Have the same setup, a cheapo factory manual outside and nice clean one for reference in the house.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search