Oil pressure gauge issue. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil pressure gauge issue.
Monday, April 22, 2013 10:41 AM
So it was pretty cold here last night and when i first started up the sunbird my oil pressure gauge wasn't working. I thought maybe due to the cold it was just acting up
and would kick on half way down the road, well it didn't. What would randomly cause it to just stop working? It's never done it to me before.

Re: Oil pressure gauge issue.
Monday, April 22, 2013 10:57 AM
If it isn't clattering at idle you probably just had the sending unit burn up. Unplug the sending unit and look for oil intrusion inside the plug. Also while its unplugged check that the gauge is on or below zero. Next take a paper clip and ground the connector terminals together. It should peg the gauge. That test will let you the system is ok from the connector to the gauge.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:45 AM
Alright thanks, one last question.. Wheres it located? I'm going down to my shop this week for work and I get to work on the car at nights.

Possibly you could provide me with a link to where i can purchase another one?
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:15 AM
If its a V6 it should be right above the oil filter. I think some of the 4cyl have it there as well. One thing I forgot to mention is if its a oneterminal designe you will need to ground the connector to the block or the negative battery cable. Any parts store should carry that sender. You may also have to buy an oil pressure sender socket to remove it. I work for Advance Autoparts and I know they carry 2 different sockets. Match it up with the new part is the best way to tell which one you need.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:05 AM
It's the 2.0T and thank you. I've never dealt with one before but it's an easy fix at least. Perfect to because advance is the only auto parts place around here.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:53 AM
Wait till you see the price...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:51 AM
It's alright now, Paul!!

Cat out of the bag, now that we know Josh works at Advance he can hook us up with all the great discounts!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:01 PM
They offer a military discount for active and retired servicemen.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search