GREAT rusty nut and bolt penetrant!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GREAT rusty nut and bolt penetrant!!
Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:27 PM
Wanted to share something I used this weekend and was truly impressed with!!
Damn good stuff here!! Boys at work swear by this stuff - and have good reason for it. This Stuff WORKS! Broke loose 27 year old rusted suspension nuts and bolts and it was like a hot knife through butter! $15 a can at Fisher Auto (Federated) and worth every penny. I used very little of this stuff and the longer it sat the better it worked.
I also noted that even though the nuts and bolts were rusted they weren't hot after taking them off which was something I've never experienced. Didn't break nor strip one nut or bolt!! It got an odor though - I didn't like the smell.
Beats the hell out of spraying half a can of WD40 and listening to a lot of popping and screeching and having a nut on your hand hot as a firecracker!!

Here is a shorty plug on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjqOOIk5gY

And here is the website. You can order 2 cans for 20 bucks with shipping instead of the single can at the store for $15.

http://www.kanolabs.com/google/

Re: GREAT rusty nut and bolt penetrant!!
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:16 AM
I soley use liquid wrench and for the price and the MANY rusted bolts on the pull a parts yards this stuff bust stuff loose and is great when trying to drill out broken rivets,bolts as a cutting fluid would.Liquid wrench has some smell but I actually like it and works better than bp blaster and wd two times over imo.

Re: GREAT rusty nut and bolt penetrant!!
Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:10 AM
Hmmmm. I was a WD-40 guy until I found PB Blaster. Would be interesting to do a side by side compare

I used WD-40 for general purpose stuff (including undercoat removal) and save the PB for bigger jobs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search