Pics! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics!
Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:47 PM
For any and all interested parties.

Re: Pics!
Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:58 PM
Thanks for the photos John!! Lovely Cimarron!! Excellent Condition!!

One of these days I hope to be lucky enough to score a Cimarron!! Never owned a Caddy and if I ever do I'd Love to make it a Cimarron!!

Enjoy drivin' around in "Cadillac Style" Buddy

Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:27 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it.

She does have some rust here and there, nothing rusted through yet. I hope to start taking care of that problem soon with a wire wheel and rattle cans.

Mostly, the problem is that it's got this epoxy coating from the trim strip down, and over the rear fenders, which after 30 years isn't quite doing it's job that well, and is chipping off especially on the fenders. Of course water gets under the edges where it has chipped and makes me mad haha.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:13 AM
Looks pretty straight to me.Even the aftermarket radio looks solid.I myself have a panasonic head and JL speakers front and boston acoustic rears wayyyyyyy better sound.I ran new wiring for my speakers and ran it to the letter thru the rear to the front in the factory wiring guides so it is not junky done.Nice looking ride and that is something good being it's age as we all are in that boat with well older cars on this board.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:12 AM
NICE!

Loving the rear seat armrest.

We are all battling time and the elements with our cars - yours looks great!

Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:07 AM
Thanks for the compliments! It's a work in progress.

Next is a new injector and fpr. Manifold, cat converter, alternator, and misc maintainence items have been done. I just found that the ac compressor is pining for the fjords so i will have to get that done before it gets too hot.

I will have to check out the JL front speakers. I'd like to get my infinity basslink sub in and take out the rear speakers. Im pretty sure the basslink can fill the range the 4x3s won't play, but if not I'm sure I make a few panels and get 6 1/2s in the front footwells. I would put them in the doors but the door panels are so nice haha.

The armrests are pretty deluxe huh. I'd forego them in favor of some cupholders though.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:06 PM
It is funny that cupholders were an after thought as drive-thrus were definately in use.

You probably have your cupholders (joke) on the inside of your glove box door like I do.

The only thing worse than not having one is having on in a bad spot. In my 94Z28, it is right behind the shifter. If you have anything in there, it is gonna get dumped

I added a kenwood powered sub to mine and crossed over the front and rear speakers to be highs and mids. I works pretty well.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:39 PM

One of these days I'd love to find a Cimarron with a black interior to take the seats, they look so much more comfortable than the base crap in mine.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:14 PM
Yeah , Spike I have a pair of leather Cimarron seats in my wagon - Love that Caddy feelin'.

The seat bottoms cushion is exclusive to the J-Body 1st gen. line and has a nasty tendency for the reinforcement rods to bend and break on the outboard side from getting in and out. Finding replacement cushions , like everything else anymore for the 1st gens is getting evermore "interesting" LoL

Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:12 PM
Nice looking car there John! Those Caddy seats are definitely much more comfortable and Caddy ride is a lot nicer too with all the extra padding and insulation . John, here is a picture of the one had.
Sold it in 2012.

1996 Cimarron

Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:18 AM
WOW nice! Rare to see one with cloth and leather!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search