got any j-body literature--buick? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got any j-body literature--buick?
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:48 AM
What I'm looking for is a good picture of the Hawk logo from the emblems/owner's manual. I'm hoping someone out there has a poster or brochure they can post up.

I have the 70s version, but I'm looking for the 80s version.

I'm hoping to get the car painted soon, but I'm still deciding on decals for it. I've created a template for the 70s version of the hawk to be 8 inches high on the car, but I might want to use the 80s version instead.

Re: got any j-body literature--buick?
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:18 PM

Wayne.... it's a shame you didn't say you were looking for this when you were at my house, with Steve.

You could have looked thru my literature, and picked out which view of the Hawk that you liked.

Next step would have been to have it resized. Heck, even the sales force had gold Hawk emblems on their business cards.

LMK..... Alan
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:16 PM
I have an owners manual for an '87. I'll trade it for a cavalier manual the same year or make me a reasonable offer for it.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:42 AM

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:24 AM
Spike, that's one of the views, and the best in my opinion. The others are side views.

Alan
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:42 AM
Spike--

that has the Buick eagle logo, even though it is above the work SkyHawk.

What I'm looking for is more like what is on my centercaps.

I'm hoping someone can upload that image, but now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking I could just take a good closeup of my centercaps and go from there.

I made the 70s version using a pic of a graphic on a 70s car---DUH, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE (facepalm)

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:52 PM
ahh ok

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search