Interior Restoration Almost Finished - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior Restoration Almost Finished
Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:09 PM
Started with this!

Ended up today with this.

Started with this!

Ended up today with this

Started with this!

Ended up today with this.

Now just replace the doors, pull a few dents, sand out some heavy duty deep scratches (when time allows) and send it out for paint. Well........ that's the simplified version.

Re: Interior Restoration Almost Finished
Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:51 PM
Looks like someone is gettin' ready for Spring!!

Super Job John!! Great Save!!

From Donor to Owner

I wanted to know if you can tell the difference between the 2.0 and 2.2 under the hoods? I'm thinking the Blue Vert is a manual - if so I'm guessing the difference in Hp probably makes the auto about the same as the manual. Something to notice with all the cruizing you'll get to enjoy this Year!! :-)

Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:21 PM
The Blue Cav has the 2.0 5 spd with a swapped motor and the car has 165K. I swapped the motor out in 2011 and the donor motor had about 53K at the time and the difference was like night and day. The original motor from day one never had any get up and go. The motor that is in it now will spin the tires up the road if I really beat it, but I don't want to break anything.
The brown Cav with 2.2 is an auto and It runs real good (and reliable too) but it is tired. So it really is a good candidate for a complete swap to another 2.2 (easy swap) with a 5 Spd manual ( I've been looking for a good donor for about a year now). My wish is to do a 3400 swap, but thats just dreaming, I don't think I have the time or the cash for all the custom work that needs to be done.

So, I guess the 2.0 in my situation is more powerfull.
I did have a brand new 1990 bare bones 2.2L VL coupe with no air cond, 5 Spd, AM/FM radio and rear defog that was pretty fast in it's day for what is was.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:57 PM
Nice work john!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:41 AM
Looks Great John!

I tlooks funny to see those seat backs without pockets. It is funny seeing minor changes from nameplate to nameplate within the same model years.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:16 AM
Nice !
Well done, John !
The 2.2 in these cars is a terrific engine. Unless you want something really fast, the 2.2 is the perfect engine in these cars. They get really good mileage, but have some power on standby when you need it.
I'd love to go with a 2.2 conversion in my wagon, but I'm trying to keep the old girl stock when it comes to drivetrain.

~ Mike ~

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:30 AM
Wow, that made such a difference.
It looks really good!
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:36 AM
looks sharp, nice job

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:43 AM
Superb job.
Nice colour also.

Did you change the padding to have the seats more confortable ?
Alain
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:26 PM
Sexy!

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:45 AM
Very nice!

Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:22 AM
wow great JOB! Where did you find the gagues and how did you hook up the tach when the original didnt have one?
Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:39 PM
Tach was plug and play. Installed the I/C with the tach option and it worked.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:34 PM
John I will touch base with you friday about maybe sending you those parts I have for you.I have been screwing around for the last several hours!!!!! with that 02 civic for my nephew trying to get it whipped into shape.In short coolant flush done,new hoses,new rad cap,new temp sender,new clamps,new thermostat and friday brake bleed.I got 3 of the bleeders opened but last one broke clean OFF at the whl cyldr I was not a happy camper.SO new whl cylder and got the line removed,and whl cyldr out so I am just swapping that piece minus a true brake job on the rear (drums and stuff still have some time left)I am whooped and car is taking my wifes spot in the garage minus the wheels on stands.Busy is a understatement.

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:52 AM
WOW, what did you put on the floor, before the new carpet. That car looks new again!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search