Found a Bird's Nest - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found a Bird's Nest
Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:02 PM
I went and looked at 2 87 Sunbird GT's less and engine and trans. Both had the GT hoods, fender flares and one had a rear spoiler and one had a chin spoiler, both had hide away headlights. The silver one had a worn out red velour interior that had to be sweet looking when new. The red and black Gt had a gray interior and was optioned out. It had a seldom seen leather wrap steering wheel, and center console arm rest. It also had cruise control, remote trunk latch in the glove box, power windows and power locks. Someone had a cut a sun roof in the top and cut holes in the dash top to insert dash speakers. The drivers door bottom was rotted and so was the lower quarter on the drivers side. I am supposed to be scoring one of these birds for $230 delivered to my house. I hope its the optioned out Cardinal and not the Dove. The owner runs a turbo GT in stock eliminator at NHRA national and points divisional races which is why he has them for motor parts. I know him from announcing at the strip. My sister in law who still works at the track sealed the deal for me to include shipping and the missing rear spoiler. She is a tough cookie when comes to wheeling and dealing.

Can't wait to part this puppy out to upgrade my SE convertible to GT look alike. Plus I also scored another power seat unit today for $25 to put in my Z24 convertible. It was a great way to spend my day meeting my dad for breakfast, then pull parts at the junk yard to taking an afternoon topless cruise in the mountains to chase parts for my current drop top project. Times like these are the ones that illustrate how good one has it!

Will try to post picts when time allows, but for now, I am garage bound to clean up my power seat unit so I can install it tomorrow...AFTER the yard work is done!

Re: Found a Bird's Nest
Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:40 PM
The hunt is always fun. Been looking for a 1st gen or 2nd gen phase one 5 spd donor now for year and it has become somewhat of a hobby just searching. Post some pictures when you get it home.

Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:52 PM
Good finds and I too have wanted to go junkyarding but too busy the last couple of weeks.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 6:54 AM

Check out the two sets of wheel well moldings....makes me drool over the find.

Faces only a mamma could love...well me too. My Z24 bird chaser is in the background.

I am supposed to be buying one of these.

I hope I am getting the highly optioned out red and black GT.

This silver car had a gorgeous red velour interior, that now has seen better days.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 8:37 AM
If the grey one is a manual - I desperately need the shift plate so I can use my console with the cubbies...

Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:41 PM
Sorry Paul, serious drag racers use automatics because of the consistency they get and this one meets that need. I will keep my on the look out for one for you though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search