My RS Convt - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My RS Convt
Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:11 PM
Here is a pic of a daily driver Convt. Now retired to summer Sunday use.

http://s173.photobucket.com/editor?image=http%3A//i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/drost582/Cav3.jpg&detailUrl=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/drost582/media/Cav3.jpg.html?filters[media%5Ftype]=image& sort=3&o=0

Re: My RS Convt
Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:16 PM
Trying picture again.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:59 PM
Nice looking car.
Are those Mass plates?
If so it's nice to see another 1st gen car from Massachusetts on here.

Is it a 5 speed?
How many miles on the clock?

John (84conv)

Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:49 PM
clean looking ride!
Any plans for it?

Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:48 PM
Sweet Top Dropper + 4cyl. (easy on the gas) + older (low/no taxes) and You Are A Winner!!

Great Reflection off the hood there too!! Wonderful Condition!!

Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:29 PM
Has been a great little car. From New Brunswick, Canada, with 253, 000 Km with one clutch replacement, a bunch of Rust Check. Now retired from daily use, been replaced with 2-door 2009 G-5. Might paint it, but not sure if i want to cover up the original paint. Inside is starting to show its age with worn seats and missing power window switch housing. Thanks for looking, will post more pics if interested.
Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:38 PM
Ahhh New Brunswick plates are the same color as Massachusetts. Well if anyone else out there in 1st gen land wants to get together this summer for a car show let me know. Will travel about anywhere within 100 miles of Boston.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:29 PM
Wow good colors and vert to boot.I see your missing a center cap.If I get time friday nite I will link a ebay seller that has these as NOS and only 8.00 each plus shpg cost.I have two sets of these now and are brand new from this guy.Nice ride and get your self a water proof cover if you can't park it indoors as I am lucky to garage mine since 06.

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:48 AM
I would like to replace the missing caps, only has one left. The blue Cont, Johns I think, is in remarkable shape. Hope I can get mine back to that condition. It now sits in a heated garage once I cleared a spot for it.

Friday, May 03, 2013 5:20 AM
If your center cap looks like this

You can buy them Here, scroll down 1/4 page.

Friday, May 03, 2013 11:08 AM
OK.....So I've been wondering this one all day long....

You got a nice 1st Gen Vert & You got the Cycle - how do you figure out which one to enjoy on that pretty Spring day?

Guess I'm just lucky I don't have either to choose from so no headache here.....

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:33 PM
ironic thing about having summer "toy"s"is that I work on A/C control systems in the constrution industry. So i am either away from home working or working long hours, translation; both usually dont wonder to far from where they are now.
Sad but true. Bike is a 200 V-Star with 1700 Km on it, bunch of trips to coffee shop.
Friday, May 03, 2013 7:23 PM
OUCH!!

That answer hurt just reading it. That is just downright a Big Bowl of LifeSucks.....

Why is it - there are people that can enjoy it don't got it , and people that got it can't enjoy it ?!?!? Does not God have a warped frustrated since of humor???

Most days that I get around I use either of my 2 J's (unless I'm using the old Ranger) and I enjoy those two old cars way, way out of proportion of the simple somewhat boring examples of the Models that they are. I mean they are just a wagon and Base model Coupe, but sometimes you'd think I'm cruising around in a 'Vert like yours Ken or a Sporty Z24. I guess it don't take much to put a smile on this old Man's face. I truly hope that one day soon your circumstances evolve into a lifestyle that enables you to scratch your head on those pretty days and try to figure out which one start up!!

In the meantime keep the garage keys close by and what the hell - burn a vacation day or two from time to time!!

Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:46 AM
Cool!

Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:58 PM
Glad you can store inside that is great.And orlen I am burning a vac day this wk so 4 days off and this day is for ME,no working on nephews car or fixing other stuff for other people.The other days is normal routine yardwork etc.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:51 AM
Good for you Ron!! Your dilemma is almost as bad as Kens!! To spend some time with Sunny or ride to the Salvage yard , spin the wheel and see if you get lucky! I know, it is a hard choice - would be for me.

I hoping you have beautiful weather - in a nice cruise in the sunshine with the sunroof open and those back windows popped out their full 2". Folks straining their neck to see what that was that just passed by? I bet it won't be 4-5 weeks and suddenly it'll be hotter than blue blazes outside again....

My days are busy gettin' the old Ranger road ready for my trip to Pennsylvania and pick up a spare Brazil Eng. for my Bird. Excting year for my 2 - J's gonna have a spares of exact year for both!!

On another note I'm looking forward to seeing Marks 2.5 Tech4 powered '84 Sunbird Wagon! Interesting combination!!

Sunday, May 05, 2013 3:25 PM
Did get the convt cleaned up and burnt some supreme gas up. With all its 80s technology this car is still fun to drive. Now it is one of very few left in this region. My wife enjoys the replacement car, but it lacks the quirks this little convertible has. None car-people dont get it.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:30 PM
Nice car(s)!

I've been really digging a 1st gen or early 2nd gen lately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:03 PM
Where in PA are you coming, Orlen?
Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:18 PM
Just across the line from Virgina - Scranton. About 400 miles one way. Milk run for a newer truck, but mine is as old as my 1st gens!!

Sunday, May 05, 2013 8:03 PM
Well....hardly just across any line. Scranton is pretty darn near to New York. My Navigator will have a smart phone so we should be OK.

Monday, May 06, 2013 8:52 AM
If you feel like going about 35 miles out of your way, we could meet up and I'd bring the Hawk. I'm in the Allentown area, A-town makes a triangle with Harrisburg & Scranton
Monday, May 06, 2013 12:48 PM
Orlen, don't forget to pick up some paper from Dunder/ Mifflin while you're in Scranton. Lol.

Monday, May 06, 2013 4:58 PM
I'd love to Wayne, but this will be the first long run for us in the old Ford Ranger. I'll be plenty nervous with fingers crossed hoping all goes well going this far. You never know though. This may just be a confidence builder - I might get brave and take one of the J's and head up that way next year!!

These days even the newer vehicles don't really make one safe. Even low mileage machines just stop and God help you trying to figure out what happened. I have a cousin who works at a Gas Station in N.C and she noted today that 9 cars simply died out coming off the highway and drifted into her lot - all in the space of 1 hour. The wrecker drivers and mechanics are all just drooling , waiting to make a buck.

Well at least I don't have to worry about a Fuel Pump costing me $500 to $1000 in these old buggies -and that is comforting.

Monday, May 06, 2013 6:13 PM
Stop in Hershey while your up there. Used to go down to Leesburg, VA about twice a year for work. Drove one of my Saturns back from there 500 miles with a bum starter. Makes it challenging always finding a hill when you have to turn the car off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search