Orlen - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Orlen
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:23 PM
Orlen-

I seem to remember you looking for one of these:

Heater Core

Re: Orlen
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:11 PM
Got all excited Paul!!

Took a look - saw that these are listed for '86 - '89.

The one for our year model w/AC is a copper unit. Oddly enough it is also direct fit for the 1967 Pontiac Firebird w/o AC. Seems almost like they pulled a NOS off the shelf to fit these particular J's. It sure is a tough nut to crack. I'd recommend anyone that runs across an '84 J2000 w/AC - pull that core. Be it old and used, it just might be all you can find .

Another curious find I discovered. At Autozone they sell this complete strut assembly for my 86 Wagon , but not listed for the 84 Pontiac Coupe? Now how much difference can there be between the 2?

Thanks for keeping an eye open, Paul. Nothing quite like a little J Drama....the search continues.

Could be worse!! We could be scratching around looking for parts for - say a 1975 Fiat 124 Spider......

Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:51 AM
crud - thought I struck gold for ya.

I will keep my eyes open.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:20 PM
Couldn't you just use one from a 67 Firebird then?

When I owned a Trans Am so long ago, there was a place in Georgia called Year One that sold many parts for F bodies.
Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:57 PM
Orlen, my donor 84 Bird convertible has air. I don't ever plan on installing air in my running bird, not really necessary in New Hampshire. Are you interested?

Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:28 PM
Orlen Brown wrote:Got all excited Paul!!

Took a look - saw that these are listed for '86 - '89.

The one for our year model w/AC is a copper unit. Oddly enough it is also direct fit for the 1967 Pontiac Firebird w/o AC. Seems almost like they pulled a NOS off the shelf to fit these particular J's. It sure is a tough nut to crack. I'd recommend anyone that runs across an '84 J2000 w/AC - pull that core. Be it old and used, it just might be all you can find .

Another curious find I discovered. At Autozone they sell this complete strut assembly for my 86 Wagon , but not listed for the 84 Pontiac Coupe? Now how much difference can there be between the 2?

Thanks for keeping an eye open, Paul. Nothing quite like a little J Drama....the search continues.

Could be worse!! We could be scratching around looking for parts for - say a 1975 Fiat 124 Spider......

Only thing different might be spring rates. I put 92-94 struts and shocks on my car. They are the same as first gens, the only difference is 4cyl vs v6 is spring rates. Also 92-94 just turned the upper strut mount. So there is no difference when installing them. I have yet to find out why there is different models when I had no issue.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:00 PM
I could understand if there was a 4 vs 6 cyl. difference , Rob. But both cars are just 4 cyl. models. The Pontiac is the 1.8 OHC and the Cavalier is the 2.0 OHV. I even took the time to cross check an Cavalier of the same year as the Pontiac ('84) - and again they list the complete assembly for the Chevrolet, but not for the Pontiac.

Silly silly J-Drama!!

Friday, May 10, 2013 4:59 AM
Brian-

I could use some of the parts from your ac system. I need the condenser and the hoses out from the compressor. Interested in parting with them?

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:30 AM
Yes, when we had this car running the air did not work so I am not sure if there are any leaks

This what your looking for?

Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:03 PM
I just need the hoses and the condenser. Mine didn't work either so this will be fun

Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:55 PM
Paul, I will try to get them off and see what the condition is. Give me a couple of weeks.

Monday, May 13, 2013 5:20 PM
No rush.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search