MAP Sensor Pigtail - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MAP Sensor Pigtail
Monday, May 27, 2013 7:11 PM
Hey Everyone-

Happy Memorial Day!

I am working slow but sure on the Sunbird. I am now in need of a MAP sensor pigtail and mine is shredded pretty bad. Anyone have any ideas on the interchange on this?

MAP Pigtail

The colors are the same as this one but I can't see the leading edge of the connector. From one side, my connector hassolid, then bottom slot, then side slot... It will definately not interchange with the green ones - I have one on my 94.

I am going to try and contact tis seller and find out for sure.

Re: MAP Sensor Pigtail
Monday, May 27, 2013 7:15 PM
I think I answered my own question. This appears to be it.

Monday, May 27, 2013 9:22 PM
That looks like mine on good recall.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:16 AM
I didn't know there were different MAP pigtails. I thought they were all the same.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:28 PM
I probably have 4 or 5 of those connectors in a box with my collection of MAPs. Although I wouldn't want to steal any business away from DIY, if you don't mind waiting a few days I can scrounge one up and ship it off to you for just the shipping.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:32 PM
James-

I am willing to wait for sure. I am in MI 48035. LMK what I owe you.

Friday, June 07, 2013 1:10 PM
Wow - I went to Parts Galore and they are all green - back to the 86 Cavalier that is still there...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:09 AM
Do you have a pic of your MAP pig tail?

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:26 AM
Josh-

I have a link to a pic of one in the o/p. The colors are the same as on that one but I can't see the notches. EVERY ONE I have seen is GREEN except for mine. If looking at it with the clip on top, from left to right, it is notched on the left side(first), on the bottom (second), and no notch (third). Does that make sense? I will try and get a pic tonight.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:54 PM
Couple of PIcs:

Never mind the dirt...

Friday, June 14, 2013 7:17 AM
Tony - 2literturbo is helping me out by hacking up a spare harness he has for the pigtail. It turns out this 2 bar MAP is specific to turbo cars and is NOT interchangeable with others.

Just goes to show, you never learn anything with the easy projects. The more complicated and time consuming the projects are, the more you learn.

I should have it in a couple of days and we are almost ready to fire that thing!

Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:35 PM
I dug through everything I had. I even opened every hood at the yard the other day, and all I saw was green, everywhere I looked. Now I come on here and see it's a specific pigtail, so I feel better.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:17 AM
Paul I did some parts research Sunday while I was working at advance. It seems this MAP pigtail has been replaced by one designe. You can still get it in black but the slots are cut the same as the green pigtail. In other words if your MAP sensor fails you will have to change the pigtail so it will plug in together. I wish I had better news but that seems to be the case.

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:25 AM
Thanks for all the support guys. Tony got me in the neighborhood of where I needed to be. I bought one of the weatherpack disassy tools ($5) and swapped wires with my original clips and everything worked out great. Now to save up for the crimper so I can them completely by myself

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search