My modification to a disgusting problem! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My modification to a disgusting problem!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:26 PM
I've inherited a robin that has taken up residence in my maple tree. While this would normally not bother me, a horrible thing has been happening to my car each night and by morning, the doors (on both sides) are covered in a thick sludge of bird crap. He enjoys sitting on the side mirrors unleashing his duty by creating an utterly disgusting mess that necessitates a daily cleaning. Well... I've had enough.

I fabricated a response and I hope he gets my point! Also, to show I have a heart, I wrapped my invention in shiny foil (instead of spraying it flat black) so he will see it and not decide to land. I await tomorrow morning to see if I was successful!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:36 PM

Re: My modification to a disgusting problem!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:45 PM
Great idea and it's easier than sitting up all night with a shot gun!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:51 PM
Epic. In for results.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:26 PM
The best resolution is a waterproof car cover seriously.I have one on sunny but garaged but,my civic sits outside and I use just a cover like said and birds sit on a power wire above my car alot and keeps this from being a real pain cleaning the residue off.I bought mine at walmart and some do not carry the waterproof version but on ebay they are available dirt cheap under 40.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:35 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Epic. In for results.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:12 AM
Funny when it is not your car.
Definately a creative response. VERY interested in the results.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:50 AM
I bet if you just put some cardboard or a bag over the mirror it would solve your problem--the bird probably likes to look at itself in the mirror.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:17 PM
As a follow-up to yesterday's story (regarding my bird/car problem), it appears my solution was less than satisfactory. Hence... round one goes to the bird. Endeavoring to persevere, I have made some adjustments. I added a top section embedded with 7 Penny Nails. We'll see if he gets the point this time. Lol.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:54 PM
I dislike bird doo doo

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:53 PM
I still think just covering the mirror would do the job, but the reason your solution may not have worked is you literally scared the crap out of the bird when it attempted to land and hit your nails.

Now you won't know if the bird learned its lesson, or if the bigger nails is what did the job.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:30 PM
Aggravating and troublesome too boot. My sweetie's 3rd gen ( In Sig background) used to be parked under a certain cable line when she used to sit with an Elderly Lady. She'd come home with that Cav loaded with Bird Poo. It took its toll on the Clearcoat. Good thing you don't have a flock of Pidgins ....or Ducks to deal with Steve.
I hope your rather ingenious Bird doesn't simple decide to roost on the top!!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:06 PM
Car cover or carport??? Birds and you would be happy?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:47 AM
I've never had this problem something is sure drawing the bird to your mirror whether it's the reflection or something else.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:27 AM
Regardless of the bird's motivation, I can happily say that success was achieved. Round two goes to me!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:52 PM
Birds vs. Humans!!!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:58 PM
Jesus it looks like a freggin eagle was sitting there.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:45 AM
Wow,
I didn't know you still had Pterodactyls in your neck of the woods ! ! !

~ Mike ~

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:37 PM
Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle. If I lived close by, I'd gladly loan you one of my cats. They probably would not kill Mr. Robin, but would scare him to the point of going over to a neighbor's and using his car for his personal toilet...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search