Another Fast Orange use - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Fast Orange use
Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:12 PM
I was just thinking about posting this Fast Orange tip in case others have not thought of it. After reading how John used it to clean his wheels and others had not thought of using it for car parts, I thought I would share my tip.

When I have vinyl or plastic interior type parts that need cleaned, like a steering wheel or the grey arm rests I just cleaned and installed today, I use waterless hand cleaner to cut the dirt and grease to clean the item. If the item has tough to remove dirt or light staining, like on white or light colored vinyl, then I step up the cleaning power by using a waterless hand cleaner like Fast Orange with pumice. The pumice really helps to break down and remove the dirt. I will note though, that the pumice can take the sheen off the vinyl which can restored by wiping on protectant like Armorall or other similar product.

I used to have a hard time getting the white vinyl sections on the bench seat in my 55 Chevy 2 dr sedan pearly bright after a long time of use, until I thought of using Fast Orange to clean it. It worked great and used to clean them to look like new. Maybe someday I will get back to getting that car back on the road. It was my first car.....I pulled it out of a field, restored it and drove it to the prom. With cars like that in my garage, somedays I wonder why I am messing around with j-bodys. But then I put the top down in my z24 and with the air in my hair I quickly remember that the other cars I have are not convertibles ( t-top cars= heavy glass roof sections, roadsters and phaetons = no roll up side glass so no protection from the elements) , nor as cheap to fix up, so the fun factor and practicality of a car can match the cool factor at times.

Please add other uses for waterless hand cleaner below.

Re: Another Fast Orange use
Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:31 PM
I am a tuff stuff user here.This upholstery cleaner in the yellow and red can low cost at walmart is the BEST! I use this aerosol and if something is really dirty spray and use a tooth brush or regular hand brush to do the same process.Granted fast orange is solid I prefer a true upholstery cleaner being a clean fanatic(since forever) and smells stupid great,cuts thru grease literally!!!!!! I did my nephews civic door jambs loaded with grease and cut right thru it no sweat.I have used this product for years and for the price,results nothing can touch it in my own opinion.It is like 3.47 at walmart everyday.Thanks bill not trying to denounce the fast orange just pointing out that there is a a true upholstery cleaner that does work and leaves a clean,fresh smelling area for low $.

Re: Another Fast Orange use
Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:33 PM
Good info here, Guess I missed this post. And hey Bill is right, the real reason we love the J's is because they are so cheap to acquire and the parts are cheap too even if they are hard to get!.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search