2 of a kind - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 of a kind
Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:52 PM
Heck no new postings , comments or photos. I was at the local Wally World today and had a chance to snap a couple photos of 2 1st gens on the lot together. The fellow that owns the black Type 10 works here at Wally World, so I see this several times a week, but it occurred to me many might not see such very often these days. The Hatch is Tired....Rusty...Interior is Rough - but at least it still goes!

Maybe someone else might get some photos on here of a couple of dailys hanging out together in their neck of the woods as well.

Anyways a little something to see

Re: 2 of a kind
Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:23 PM
No old js to see here lately.Unless the one in my garage.In the last two weeks there is a guy sporting a four door 84 comes rolling thru here on my residential road.Have not seen it this wk but,he apparently likes the car to drive it well everyday.If I ever catch the guy I may talk his ears off about jbody stuff and get him to join the site if that ever did happen.Still cool to see that hatch still kicking even tho from a far is does look kinda rough.

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:20 AM
Walt, Tom, and I will pull something together as soon as i get mine on the road

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:44 AM
Have not seen a 1st gen around here in years. Even 2nd gens are getting rare.

Friday, June 21, 2013 6:42 AM
I only see two first gens other than mine in my area, one is a 4D Hawk from 87-89, the other is a pre-86 cavy coupe.
Friday, June 21, 2013 10:06 AM
Nice!

And you are yet parked right next to another cavalier....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Friday, June 21, 2013 11:35 AM
Hmmm....now that I have 2 2nd gen Z's, I notice them everywhere. Most I see are the later ones from 92-94 and the nicer ones seem to be 4drs. The 2dr's are often beat up and being driven by teenagers and young adults since they are decent affordable first cars. There are at least 2 dozen+ in my travel circle here in central PA. There is even a 1st gen near my brothers place that is driven by a distant relative of his of his wife's side. The car was a grandmothers that was passed down and it is a 2dr. I was eyeing up the quarter panels and doors since they are often rotted out in this area.

But unlike the previous posts. there are plenty on the road and in the junk yards, I am just too cheap to pay junk yard prices because I am spoiled because of the places I know of and frequent which have much cheaper prices on parts. I would have to be really hard up to pay $100-150 for a good door which is the current yard prices. That's 1/2 to 3/4 the cost of a complete GT coupe or convertible at the rates I find them. I am curious what other guys are paying for big ticket items in their areas since I think door prices are steep here.

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:34 PM
The only other first gens that I see are a couple of 4 doors and I rarely see them. There is a wrecked 87 Z24 that's been sitting at a repair lot for years. I've tried to buy it several times and the guy says he is going to fix it (needs the frame straightened.) But it's been sitting there rotting away for years.
Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:15 PM
Of course today I had to see a very good condition 86 or 87 type 10
Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:52 PM
The real deal "Two of a kind" LOL

Anyone who has more than one J post some pics!

Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:03 AM
Darn, John.....You Post a photo hard to beat!!

That's like holdin' 2 aces!!

Well best cards I got for now is a couple duce....... forgot I had a couple photos on the hard drive of my next door (literally - we live in a duplex...) neighbors Wagon & I. It a 2nd gen though .....close, but no bananna. Kinda reminds ya of the days before the 3rd gens came off the line and everywhere you looked there were these cars.....

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:38 PM
Here ya go!

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:40 PM

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:42 PM
Guys, I don't know how to post pictures on this website. Sorry

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:49 PM

Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:07 PM
post the pics to facebook, google+, etc. one of those sites.

then type

notice those are brackets around the letters img, above your return key without hitting the shift key.

open a new window or tab with the site that has your picture posted. right click on the picture and capture the image address; you might see an option such as copy image address.

then come back here and paste after the

after your link is pasted in there, type [img/]

it's been a while since I posted a pic, you might need instead, but you can click on the preview button while making your post to ensure the image comes through.
Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:12 PM
Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:23 PM
Uhhhh OOoooo.......

John looks like I found out who has the other 2 Aces!!

Wonderful to see good ole Blue J out in the Sunshine!!

I had a Caprice Classic very much like that Impala in the car Show. It had the 400 CID /Turbo 350, and a "Fuel Monitor" gauge that was a thinly disguised vacuum gauge. I doubt it saved much gas back in those days....... Wonderful Car Show Photos!!

Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:36 PM
I'll see your pair of J-bodies and raise you one more drop top!

That's 2 89 Z24's for a true 2 of the same kind, plus my current Sunbird SE drop top project on the left. I currently cant get the white Z to run, even though I have fuel pressure and installed new ignition module and injectors to get it to run and drive to its current location behind my garage this past winter. Its sitting in front of the doors that unleashes my 73 Vette, so it might get my attention in a few weeks because I don't want my plastic ride to get claustrophobic

I had a family cookout / car show at my place today and had my Z sitting beside the Sunbird with the tops down, but thunder scared them back inside before I got a chance to take a picture of them together. Flanking them was my girlfriends raspberry Ghia, Dad's 33 Plymouth coupe hot rod, uncles 66 GTO convert, and lil brothers 69 Z28 stick car. Great day, cool show!

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:49 AM
Steve Scott wrote:Your text to link here...

here ya go

Alot of nice old car pics you have in your photostream

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:30 PM
Orlen, yes that is Blue J and his older brother, "Guiness" at the MiddleWest Meet of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. This was held in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The '85 has an HPOCF Oval and Tab which is awarded to those Chevrolets which are original, unrestored and exhibit all those features which members can use to account for authenticity. Blue J just won the award this year certifying in 3 areas. Both J Bodies will don the HPOCF Oval proudly!

HPOCF is Historical Preservation of Original Chevrolet Features class.

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:40 PM
steve did you buy the black one in southern wi maybe last year or so? it looks like one i seen for sale a while back. very impressive
Monday, June 24, 2013 8:41 PM
Yeah I agree with John....that's very impressive to have that type of quality and originality in a car. Glad there are guys like you out there saving the details for restorers like us to reference. Keep up the great preservation work!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:29 PM
John Galt - You are right!!

Here is Steve's post when he got it!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=28&i=14522&t=14522

How is Daryl doing, Steve? Tell him - Orlen says " Hey!! "

Loved that little Video he did of Blue J after he overhauled the TB. I tried to look it up but sadly it is gone now..... "85 Raw HorsePower!! " LoL

Lovely 2nd gen Drop Tops Bill!! Came close to buying a Z24 Coupe just like the your blue one a couple of years ago. Many time regret not jumping on it at the time.

GREAT Photos!! Hope to see more :-)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:28 PM
John, yes. It was for sale on Craigslist in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search