Help Needed - OHC Picture - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Needed - OHC Picture
Monday, June 24, 2013 7:35 PM
I need some assistance from one of you OHC guys. I need a pic of the PS pressure hose routing wrt the wire harness attached to the firewall. Everything lines up and fits EXCEPT the wiring to the boost solenoid. The shop manual has individual pics, but not together. Talk about frustrating...

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Re: Help Needed - OHC Picture
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:06 PM
Never mind - I got it. I had to move that darn ps hose again. But, I did sneak in a road test

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:42 PM
Well???? Don't hold back......
I'm guessin' from the smile and wink it was a fun drive??

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:34 AM
Orlen-

I have a leak around one of the heater hoses. I have to investigate that and buy some more coolant before proceeding. It didn't turn into a grand national GNX like I had hoped, but it sounded pretty good. I missed hearing the sound of the turbo spooling over the last 9 months. My neighbor came over and said he heard a bunch of noise and wanted to see what was going on.

Once I get the leak chased I will post that video for you

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:24 PM
Oh Lordy....Please tell me it is NOT one of the 2 behind the Water Pump. Those and the Starter are the worst the Brazilian has to offer!!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:54 PM
Makes me appreciate my engine 2.0 ohv heater hoses(easy to swap and or fix).Btw mine did leak and it was just a clamp not tight enough.I did my hoses back when I did my intake and did use some permatex high tack gasket sealant.The part # is 80062 on the can and sold most auto stores.This product is designed to use with hoses like oil,antifreeze, atf and even gas.You simply apply the product lightly inside the hose and the can comes with the brush made onto the cap.This super seals with the clamp installed.I use this always on my hoses and is messy and wear latex gloves! Brake cleaner cleans it up and my car has not leaked since I went back and fixed my leak.Btw the can has 4oz and will last a longggg time.Just a tip when you do your coolant hoses just a dab inside the hose all the way around slide on hose and clamp.Ok my tip of the moment.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:45 AM
I will find out this weekend. I think it is just one of the heater hoses.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:00 AM
Ron--

how do you get the hose off then if the need ever arises?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:21 PM
Wayne this stuff will come loose by prying under the hose.They can be tight but,generally I have done this several times on various fitting points metal or plastic and no problem.Plus if I am just going to replace say said hose I simply cut it and it just peels off.If I am reusing the hose or fixing a problem the above works fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search