Turning older - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turning older
Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:36 PM
Ok today July 1 I turned 44.Now above is my 1st ride I bought brand NEW! I still own this and while at the age of 17 Chevrolet cavalier was not on my scanner for wheels.But I do not regret it and love my mazda truck and guess I got my first taste of gm when my sister got (sunny) and I did like the car just always kidded her about it being (gm junk) what was I thinking wayyyy back then?I did buy sunny in 98 and LOVE this car just as much and as I sit and ponder gee back when I got my 1987 mazda cabplus I could have bought a Z24! Just imagine the history I could have had with j for 26 years now that would have been just as equally cool.I do not think I have ever shared my truck pictures and I do have a cardomain page for it with it's full history.All I can say is where did all the years go.I will point out one thing about the cavalier it has garage privileges 24/7 over the truck being it is well senior in age to the mazda.Just a touch of history from my past and some present I think.The truck pic is current as of last year! Being I have no kids the mazda and cavalier are my kids.

Re: Turning older
Monday, July 01, 2013 4:12 AM
Wow, that has to be the cleanest b2200 I have ever seen. Most of the ones I see around here are so rusted they are barely recognizable.

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:15 AM
Ron-

Great pic. Agreed with Josh's comment - they are all gone from up here - rusted out beyond recognition.

Thanks for sharing. So we are all on here for first gens, but I think we are all a little soft on cars and trucks of that era.

Nothing like your first car. My Sunbird is actually my 3rd car, but it is the first one I saw, wanted, and bought by myself - so I have first car feelings for it

Monday, July 01, 2013 10:36 AM
Happy Birthday Ron! Beautiful truck. I too agree... cars/trucks from our time are great. I like them better than current day designs.

Monday, July 01, 2013 10:54 AM
Happy birthday Ron, hope yours was better than mine was. Awesome work on the Truck, that looks better than when it came from the showroom I bet .

Monday, July 01, 2013 11:31 AM
I've never seen one without rust--I always thought that was a dealer installed option.
Monday, July 01, 2013 1:48 PM
Happy birthday! That is by far the cleanest b2200 I have ever seen. I'm really diggin the wheels and tires.

It should also be noted that I was born the same year as that truck

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 01, 2013 2:20 PM
Sweet Mazda!! It is hard to keep the cars up and running without a good truck to haul all you parts and spares in!! Ron, I bet you have hauled just about everything in that truck over the years and then some!! At least this was before Mazda and Ford merged into the look alike Brand of truck. It is so nice to see some folks be able to hold on to and maintain their vehicles in such high condition! After you reach a long period of time with a vehicle it kinda becomes like family - you certainly have a relatiuonship with it. This economy has encouraged many to hang onto and keep up what they already have instead of run out and chase after the next dream. Just curious, Ron - is there an internet site and forum you hang out at for the Mazdas like we have here for the J-Bodies?

So without having children, Ron, I say enjoy your Mazda & Cavalier!! It is nice to have something to enjoy!! Spoil them Rotten...LoL

Oh - Gotta Say - ~~~!!! H A P P Y - B I R T H D A Y !!!~~~ Ron!!

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:58 PM

HAPPY BIRDY RON ! Now that's a primo ride you have there. Thanks for the post, you just reminded me that I was 27 the day you were born...
Monday, July 01, 2013 5:17 PM
Happy BIRTHDAY. Great to be turning older. I know what you mean about time. One day took my daughter to grade one, next day she is moving out on her own, turnig twenty and starting second year University. I used to make fun of old men in red convt, NOW I am one!!!
Monday, July 01, 2013 6:36 PM
Ken Drost wrote: I used to make fun of old men in red convt, NOW I am one!!!

.....Isn't that the truth, Ken!!

I'm Always making a fuss about real old men driving around in Pickup Trucks - they being so Darn Old they already need help climbing up in the darn thing, let alone lifting anything up in the Truck Bed. Like you say.......watch ME turn out to be one of those Worthless Old Farts. I'll be driving the darn thing down the street 10 miles an hour, probably to go get something for one of these J's......LoL

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:02 PM
Happy B-Day Ron, Nice looking truck. Around here 80's Mazda trucks do not exist any more.

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:33 PM
happy birthday, Ron!
Monday, July 01, 2013 8:21 PM
Yep - I missed this the first time around - Happy Birthday!

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:39 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.Orlen as for yeah I frequent http://www.mazdatrucking.com this is my fav but do visit another site http://www.mazdabscene.com but there more focused on modding.I have tried to keep my truck stock as possible aside from the wheels,running boards and well stereo and engine bay is stock.I just had one long 12 hr day for sure and 550 miles to boot.It is funny when my pickup is older or same age as some members here and the mazda site now that is humouring.I will pop a pick of my engine bay

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:49 PM
Happy Birthday Ron!

And love the truck! Makes me miss my old S 10...

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:09 AM
Ron Love wrote:Thanks guys for the comments.Orlen as for yeah I frequent http://www.mazdatrucking.com this is my fav but do visit another site http://www.mazdabscene.com but there more focused on modding.I have tried to keep my truck stock as possible aside from the wheels,running boards and well stereo and engine bay is stock.I just had one long 12 hr day for sure and 550 miles to boot.It is funny when my pickup is older or same age as some members here and the mazda site now that is humouring.I will pop a pick of my engine bay

Holy crap you could eat off of that engine .

Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:37 AM
Nice truck Ron ! A had a 1985 Dodge D50 which I drove until the frame rotted away. I absolutely loved that truck !
I have a baby too that I absolutely love:

It's a 2002 Victory Touring Cruiser Deluxe. It's built in Spirit Lake Iowa, purrs like a kitten when idling, but growls like a bear when throttled.
I've owned a lot of bikes in my 50 years on this planet, but I can confidently tell you, this is the last bike I will own as I plan on keeping it until I die.
My wagon is great and I love the fact that there aren't too many of them left anymore, but this is what truly makes me happy.
My daughter referred to me as a "biker" the other day, and I never thought of myself as one, but considering I have owned and have rode them for over 35 years, I guess I am one !

~ Mike ~

Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:38 PM
Mike I know your in a biker gang probably and have a jacket with something like Jbody motorwagon riders. I had a bike for five years was a 1992 Yamaha seca 2 bought new and sold back in 97 or so.I kind of hate that I did but,so be it.I kept my endorsement in the event I do buy another one and since you clearly have riden for years I guess being a (biker) is ok too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search