A neat first gen (sort of) on Craigslist - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A neat first gen (sort of) on Craigslist
Friday, June 28, 2013 6:23 AM
An '86 Cav coupe with parts from different gens installed !
Kinda neat !
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3900113103.html

A little pricey IMO, but interesting !

~ Mike ~

Re: A neat first gen (sort of) on Craigslist
Friday, June 28, 2013 7:00 AM
He's definitely wrong about those seats. 1987 was the only year that had non molded head rests. That styling on those seats looks like Pontiac. I think it has sunbird seats in it.

Friday, June 28, 2013 7:33 AM
Yeah, he's also wrong about the front clip, rear bumper and ground effects. He says they are from a '91 Z-24 when they are clearly from an '88/'89 Z. The wheels are from a '91 to '94 Z.
From what the guy was saying, he wasn't the one who did the work and that is pretty evident..

~ Mike ~

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:03 AM
$5500 for that
Maybe if it was a v8 conversion or a souped up v6 but for a 4cyl 4speed it isn't worth it.

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:25 AM
He's wrong about price most of all... That thing is not worth much. If thats worth $5,500, then mine is easily worth $20,000

Friday, June 28, 2013 11:25 AM
Very Nice project to show what can be done and how well parts do interchange. Very nice Paint to boot!

From my eye , though, the flow just isn't there, and proves the designers and engineers - "got it right" - with the 2nd Gen Coupe! The square back 1st gen is just right during those years as well as the curves flow beautifully on the 2nd. Gives me an appreciation for the progression. Oh, and the whole thing just looks a little too short.

This little beastie kinda looks like a round peg on a square one.

Gives me ideas regarding the wheels - I think they would look very nice on the 1st Gen.

Lordy I hope no one tries to do something like this with a 2nd /3rd gen...Haaha, but I bet there will be someone to try.

Friday, June 28, 2013 3:32 PM
I wouldn't mind having it just because of the sheer oddity of it, but I'd only consider paying something in the $2500.00 range and only if the engine looked and sounded right and the A/C worked !
It's different......................., but I like different !

~ Mike ~

Friday, June 28, 2013 7:23 PM
Wish I would have seen this under its hood......of course I wish i could see this under MY hood....Haaha!! Guess I'll shelve that idea for my Lottery Money.

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:09 PM
Looks to me like a 70's Monza from the back.

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:22 PM
Interesting. I thought it was a oldsmobile cutlass ciera coupe at first glance...

I was actually liking the 2nd gen front, then I saw the back and that sunk it for me.

Those are pontiac seats for sure...

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:29 PM
awe, reminds me of my old cav...

oh how i miss it....

no worries of someone trying this with a 2nd/3rd gen. 2nd gen front bolts right onto the 1st gen. i had the same feeling of the round on the square body. i wish i got to finish mine. would have been a real eye turner. i have all the parts i need to actually finish it if i find a decent starting point. interested what the door panels are off of, my 87 didn't have panels like that. point in fact mine had the same panels that are in my 82 j2000. the ones he has look very similar to the panels that are in my 82 and 83 Cimarron's. but they didn't make 2 door cimarrons that i have ever seen.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:22 PM
Pretty sure they were reupholstered. I don't believe any jbody came with black leather/ vinyl, only white.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:51 AM
Right after I bought my Hawk, I found one with a grey vinyl interior, so there was more than white.
Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:00 AM
Orlen,

I've got those wheels on my 1st gen. Cavalier, they do look great. My 84 originally had 13 inch wheels,the Z24 wheels are 15 inch, so I have a bit of a speedo issue, but no biggie to me. Let me look to see if I've got a picture of mine where you can see the wheels, and I'll post it.
Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:18 PM
My 82 cimarron has dark charcoal leather/vinyl, 83 has red leather/vinyl
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search