Another eBay find and you have to see the video! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another eBay find and you have to see the video!
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:56 PM

Re: Another eBay find and you have to see the video!
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:43 PM
looks like Ron's "Sunny" had a friend that was repainted

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:07 PM
Has a whole lot of wear and tear for only having 23,000 miles on it.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:24 PM
I've seen that video before.And while is shares the original factory yellow gold I think they should have let it well yellow.Plus has two extra doors.kinda cool I think.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 4:57 AM
LoL.....Yep I've seen this one - I have a bunch of this fellows Videos . I don't know where he gets his cars at, but some of them are in really,really bad shape. He has one of a 1963 Mercury Monterey Breezeway and the top is rotted completely out in places along the top. Claims everything he sells is a "one owner". He's interesting to watch when you have some time. Lots of neat videos.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:49 AM
Interesting video. After watching it, I am reminded of the old line "Would you buy a used car from that guy?" A lot of discrepancies. To me, that's a crummy repaint job, where the paint prep was poorly done. For a car with only 23,000 miles on it, the interior was sure in bad shape and very faded carpets.I would be willing to wager that the carpets are dry rotted (as mine were when my father in law gave me my Cavalier). I wouldn't pay nearly the 3 grand he's wanting for it. I'd offer half that amount, because I'd repaint it in the original shade of yellow, and it's gonna need a lot of interior work. I would like to see just how much filler is under that lousy beige paint job.
Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:02 AM
Monday, July 08, 2013 1:22 PM
Darn, somehow I missed this one - really enjoyed watching the Caddy Video!! One Owner Car Guy doesn't pull any punches - he really shows everything!! It is just like being there, Man those Digi-Dashes are just a PIA, aren't they.

Makes me worry about the current vehicles made today with electronic everything when they are 30 years old - What a mess folks will have just trying to keep them running. I'm fairly certain 30 years from now I either won't be worrying about any of it, or won't remember anything to care....LoL I believe we are in a Golden Age concerning what we are doing. Vehicles are still available that can be worked on and parts to go with them - the Networking and Technology via the Internet. It is a great time to be tinkering!

Monday, July 08, 2013 3:07 PM
That front bumper is not right. This guy has a much nicer Cimmaron D'Oro for sale that looks "right" in the nose area...

Monday, July 08, 2013 4:18 PM
It looks like the grey metallic one has d'oro style bumper ends on it.

Monday, July 08, 2013 6:29 PM
Nathan said he got the bumper ends from a salvage yard and put them on, guess he got the wrong ones. You'd just about have to have the car with you at the time to make sure they were the right ones.

So neat how those wheels have a touch of gold in them that matches the strip in the body molding. I'm thinking the D'Oro just might be the only J that has fenders without side markers in them.....

So many J's ......So little Money & Space......

Wonder what ever become of John Macarell's Red Hatchback - anyone ever hear anything?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search