Mystery vac line, mystery harness, tach wire location ?s - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mystery vac line, mystery harness, tach wire location ?s
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:03 PM
First off, what is this for? The wire in question is the unconnected red one with harness. It is located in the rear drivers side corner of the engine compartment where the main harnesses enter the car. The picture was taken from the drivers side shock mount facing the rear of the car.

Secondly, while replacing the cap and rotor (and later ignition coil), I noticed this stray vac line. I can't find anywhere to connect it within it's reach. It runs through the wire loom I am pointing to, toward the passenger side, and appears to go all the way into the passenger compartment through the the harness at the rear passenger side corner (like where the main harness goes in but opposite side)

Also, where is the easiest place to get a tach signal for a remote start system? It doesn't appear to be where my shop manual is telling me, and the "auto sensing" feature of the remote start unit isn't working consistently enough so I need a real tach signal.

BONUS KITTY!!!

Re: Mystery vac line, mystery harness, tach wire location ?s
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:51 PM
i"m pretty sure the wire is the fuel pump test terminal. the vac line looks like it"s for the cruise control. the cat looks like it just swallowed the canary. what engine are we looking at?
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:16 PM
correction on the vac line. i ran out to the garage and looked at my 2.0 under the air cleaner on the passenger side theres a fitting screwed into the top of the engine it has three vac lines attached, one on top and two comming off the side. the one you are holding is the lower side one. not sure what there for. it:s late and i could not get a good pic without removing a few things but i will post one tommorow if you still need it
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:43 PM
here are some pics of that vacuum line, i think it controls the door in the heater

it"s the the lowest one of the three that are connected to the same fitting
Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:13 PM
Thank you so much for that! I had actually looked at that fitting, but I didn't even see the lower nipple on the side.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search