A great moment... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A great moment...
Friday, July 19, 2013 9:36 PM
The Car Craft Nationals are going on at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds this weekend and after dinner my wife and I took a little cruise down the avenue. As you can imagine, there were a lot of great looking cars out and about! But there was one guy driving a nice little Red '86 Z24 and I can tell you that the smile never left my face. Probably the most fun I've had since owning my car! Knowing that a lot of people in lawnchairs along the street got to see a glimpse of one of the vehicles we love. Very cool... Here's wishing everyone a great weekend!

Re: A great moment...
Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:53 AM
Next time you get a chance, flag them down and tell them about us!!

....and you didn't snap a photo - shame shame...........Bad Doggie!!

There is always next year!!

Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:36 AM
nice to hear some someone actually out driving and showing off there car. i attend alot of car shows and i have yet to see a j-body. lets get these cars on the road guys and show people how cool they really are. after all the work you put into them isnt that the final goal? i know that smile steve, when i first got my skyhawk i was stopped at a red light and the guy next to me motioned for me to roll down my window. i thought he was going to tell me something was wrong with my car. with a big smile he said nice car man. after that i was hooked.
Saturday, July 20, 2013 6:10 AM
Temp sender working or not, I will be in the GM Tech Center show this wednesday. I will snap a couple of pics

Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:31 AM
Here's mine at Kimballs (Lancaster, MA) last night. First cruise night this year. Not another J-body around for miles. Usually I put the original window sticker on the window and the dealer brochure on the dash. Everyone post up some pics at your local cruise night.

Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:53 PM
Cool stuff.Wish I could go to some shows but,work weekends every wk.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:25 AM
Only thing keeping me from doing the power tour with my 82 Cimarron is $$$. Could have dirt cheap insurance on it if I have it re-appraised, needs a roof liner and a tiny bit of body work before re-appraisal... Otherwise, its out for show 7 days a week with my 82 J2000, 90 wagon and 2x 02 4-door 5speeds....
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:38 PM
Ok, Challenge Accepted. I am going to update my signature pic too...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:44 PM
Wow that turbo setup looks sweet. Your hard work sure paid off. Very nice looking car.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:50 PM
If I had the correct hood insulator, I would have the hood up more often.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:55 PM
I parked with a bunch of my 4th gen Camaro pals. They were kinda mad because my car was getting way more attention than the 4th gens. It had people all over it, esp when the hood was up. Who knows, maybe we will start to get some car show cred after all.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:14 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:They were kinda mad because my car was getting way more attention than the 4th gens.

I got a wonderful chuckle outta that Paul!! Those 4th gens got a lot more money tied up in them too!!

Beautiful photos Paul!! I Love that one across the hood!! You have worked Hard and deserve the attention!! Thank You for the Tail Shot!! Gonna need some of those to get my Spoiler screwed on straight........(hopefully)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:07 PM
Car looks very nice paul.I am getting closer to being able to work on my uh on stuff.I can't really drive it due to leaky input shaft seal,plus loads of parts laying in my tool room awaiting.At least yours is driveable and you have done a lot to get things straight.Nice pics and soon the sunny will have shiny new parts I hope to start next wk on thurs.I would have started this wk but new rear bumper for my nephews 98 accord to be installed and detail car and check it over since he is going back to college first wk of aug.His car was rear ended minor but split bumper and will post pics later thur nite of swap.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:01 AM
Seen this at a local car show recently...

Interior is mint too.
and if anybdoy is interested here's a closeup of the for sale sign...

Here's a few non Jbody's that were kind of neat.

El-Stude-Camino

Rare Willy's Aero sedan

You can check out a few more here. Didn't take as many pictures as I wanted as it started raining as soon as we showed up , of course as soon as it did start raining a few took off so their 'babies' wouldn't get too wet .

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:21 PM
84conv wrote:Here's mine at Kimballs (Lancaster, MA) last night. First cruise night this year. Not another J-body around for miles. Usually I put the original window sticker on the window and the dealer brochure on the dash. Everyone post up some pics at your local cruise night.

I took a cruise to Lancaster too lol. Must of been in a different area.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:56 AM
I was in Macungie for das awkscht fescht, but I'm having trouble posting the pics from car domain.

One of these days I'll have time to move them to Google+ and then I can post up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search