1982 Converted Cadillac Cimarron Convertible (New Castle, IN.) - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1982 Converted Cadillac Cimarron Convertible (New Castle, IN.)
Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:22 PM
Ok, Here it is...... The elusive Cimarron Vert.

http://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/3855988489.html

VERY RARE and VERY NICE!!! This vehicle is very special as it is 1 of only 10 cars converted to use for a Hollywood movie. Have tried, but cannot find out which movie, however; I do have documentation from the Automobile Dirving Museum located in Sacramento California where the car was on display after the making of the movie. Has only 5,000 actual miles on it. Please call for price and more information if interested. Serious inquiries only.

(765) 529-8479
Ask for Elwood

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Re: 1982 Converted Cadillac Cimarron Convertible (New Castle, IN.)
Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:16 PM
Has the correct cowl. But looks like the doors are front from a four door. Why would you do it that way? Often thought about doing this conversion to mine, easier way, by adding the Cimarron front and rear to mine. Still would do it. The parts were very rare here in the day! More like not available now. Really is a COOL car.
Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:39 PM
Has authentication for car being from a movie, but it doesn't say what movie...I wouldn't trust the guy.
Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:17 PM
Interesting, but I am ntot really a fan. It looks off balance. Kinda reminds me of the when they made the Geo metro convertible.

Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:38 PM
No price tag. Usually means its way to high. I just looked at a stock mustang cobra with 32,000 miles very clean. Finally got to talk to the owner and he wanted $25,000 for a 2002. I have yet to find a car with no price tag that is clean for a reasonable price.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:17 PM
I say it's NOT legit, unless I can see it with the top UP!!

.....or does it even have a top to put up??????

Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:10 AM
Looks like the shortened a 4-door to makee I look like a 2dr. Covertables for j-bodies didn't come out till 84, there are a select few 83's, that were sen't back and made into verts in 84... But that would make a great parts car for my 82 (legit) cimarron...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search