Bumper Ends for 1987 Cimarron - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bumper Ends for 1987 Cimarron
Monday, July 29, 2013 9:10 PM
Does anyone know if there are reproduction bumper ends available for a 1987 Cimarron? If not, does anyone know a company that could make them? I have a nice low mileage Cimarron but the ends are starting to crack. Please email me if you can help.
Thanks, Gary

Re: Bumper Ends for 1987 Cimarron
Monday, July 29, 2013 9:16 PM
The bumper cap ends to my knowledge are no longer made.You may want to get this post moved to the 1st gen board bc there are some members on our board who have owned the cim and are more fluent with the particulars of this car specifically.Unless you do some google searching for nos gm parts or even gmpartsdirect.com may be a shot.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:53 PM
I had an 86 with the older style headlights and I searched for them but could not find any NOS or reproduction. I did find a few of your style in a junk yard near me. They did not last very long on the JY cars though. That is one of those things that you should always be looking for on eBay or at salvage yards near you.

Just make sure you get the correct style.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:46 PM
High failure item on the Caddys. I've noticed this problem on other models of Caddies as well - seen examples missing the plastic inserts between the bodies and tail lights.

As 84conv mentioned , look for style that you have , as the composite headlight design differs from the conventional headlight equipped models. Here is an exmple of what one looks like if you get it wrong.....Blah!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:25 PM
For my 82, I'm cutting up std base model bompers for the ends. Sounds odd but so far the rear looks right. Will post pics this thread if I ever get it done...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search