what to do? what to do? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what to do? what to do?
Friday, August 02, 2013 4:50 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2-1986-Chevy-Cavaliers-1-convertible-1-coupe-W0QQAdIdZ508955331

I need to make some real money again... Dunno if this pair will last another year on Kijiji... I want em

Re: what to do? what to do?
Friday, August 02, 2013 8:17 PM
Step up and buy them, fix the coupe and sell it so you can keep the drop top for half price, then paint it black with a black top and red gut, be sure to add a light shade of window tint just to tone it down too and you would have to peel the girls off that chick magnet! If lucky enough, add the Z package from the coupe and sell the parts off it instead of the whole car to finance the project. I bought my first one wondering what to do with it, then after driving it with the top down, I bought another one and wondered why I did such a thing, but at least I could decide make that decision later since it was on the trailer on its way to my house. That car is the one I am currently restoring. A short while later I bought another convertible. Not sure what its fate will be, but I know I can at least break even, but I expect to keep all 3 so I have a beater, a sweety for my girl friend and a sweety for me too. Honestly, a really nice car can be a PITA trying to keep it so nice which can take the fun out of using for everyday usage, which is why 3 is the way for me.

Friday, August 02, 2013 9:18 PM
Eww coupes. If it was a hatchback I would be all over it. I always wanted one. Even if it was a shell with an interior and no suspension or drivetrain parts since i would rip them out anyway. I just cannot find one I find everything else.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:38 AM
Problem is I want both of them...
Sunday, August 04, 2013 2:34 PM
I know your pain. I found a clean '73 Monte Carlo for cheap but we're looking for a house so that was a big fat No from the wife lol .

Sunday, August 04, 2013 4:50 PM
Rob--

Whey didn't you buy Motorman's hatch when he was selling?

SpikeJ---funny, seeing an exact color/model/year SkyHawk while trying to buy a house in 2003 is what got me on the path to wanting a Hawk again. Finally happened in 2008, so your MC might come some day.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 5:26 PM
I don't know who motorman is. I am looking for a clean car. Doesn't have to have the same color body panels but it needs to be straight. If I can find one I have a lot of goodies for it (;

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search