Two tone paint & door jams - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Two tone paint & door jams
Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:36 AM
Does anyone know if the two tone paint schemes were brought into the door jams on the Sunbirds and onto the door sides, or were two tone paint schemes just painted on the exterior panels, leaving the door jams a single color?

I cant find any pictures illustrating the door jam paint break lines on a two tone GT or any Sunbird two tone paint scheme for that matter. I need to make a decision ASAP since I want to get the door jams finished being painted and back on the car early next week.

Re: Two tone paint & door jams
Sunday, August 11, 2013 10:45 AM
In my experience the dominate color always goes in the door jams and fire wall. I have seen some custom jobs take it through these areas but it normally doesn't look right.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:59 PM
on my 86 skyhawk the two tone does follow into the door jams on the same line as the exterior. seems to be more trouble than its worth though in my opinion. i think i would paint the whole jam with the base color and if it doesnt look right to you mask it off and paint the upper the other color.
Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:20 PM
Paint the door jams and visible metal the color thaon overs the largest percentage of the car. Or the darkest of them.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search