Looking for parts! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for parts!
Monday, September 09, 2013 8:03 PM
I am looking for parts to do the body and paint resto on my 84 Turbo Sunbird Convertible. I am looking for a Turbo hood, 2 solid clean doors and a luggage rack trunk lid. If you have parts or a lead let me know. Not any in yards around here...Thanks...

Re: Looking for parts!
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:57 AM
I have a non-spoiler and non-luggage rack trunk lid if you are interested. It is from an 84 so no brake light.

It would probably be a lot to ship.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:01 AM
If you look at my parts run post you may find what you need. I snapped photos of a skyhawk with a turbo hood and luggage rack.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:04 AM
FYI - coupe doors can have the window frame cut off and to be made into convertible doors. My buddy did this with his 2nd gen drop top. The window glass is different however. I also am pretty sure 1st and 2nd gen doors are the same with the exception of some minor differences on the door panel side of the door. That might help widen your search for the doors. The belt line moldings are different though from 1st and 2nd gen doors. The window sweep material can be purchased and replaced too with a cheaper alternative than trying to find original ones if you want a functional car that is not 100% OEM. I also think coupe deck lids fit on convertibles too.

Good luck on your drop top resto

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search